Software Engineer III (Tools & Pipeline TL) - Unpublished R&D Product - Riot GamesView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Software Engineer III (Tools & Pipeline TL) - Unpublished R&D Product
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, USA
- Job Description
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll drive tooling features and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Software Engineer III within Research & Development, you will build the tools that power the content creation workflows necessary to inject life into a new and exciting Riot title. You will work on a team alongside a product lead, designers, artists, and other engineers to answer fundamental product questions and build experiences that will fulfill our players’ imaginative dreams. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the team.
- Design and build various asset importing/creation/validation tools to support cross discipline efforts
- Collaborate with product and discipline leads to identify required tools, gather and shape specifications, and provide the best solution for development
- Contribute to architecture requirement and technical design discussions surrounding metagame systems
- Help shape the technical direction and standards for the team
- As development advances into full production, iterate on robust, scalable, and performant solutions for the whole development team.
- Mentor other engineers on the team in all aspects of game development
- 5+ years of game development experience
- 3+ years of tools development experience in a C-style game engine (Unreal Engine, Unity, etc)
- 2+ years of experience operating as a technical lead
- Strong knowledge of common software design patterns, including modular and event-driven architecture
- Extensive contribution to at least one shipped game title
- Experience operating in a source-controlled environment
- Experience with Jenkins, builds systems and P4
- Experience working with both small and mid-sized engineering teams
- Experience with the prototyping and pre-production phases of game development
- Experience writing Maya and Photoshop scripts
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $170,000 USD - $238,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
(Redwood City only) Base salary range between $186,185 USD - $260,705 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
(Bellevue only) Base salary range between $170,000 USD - $238,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Riot Games Headquarters Location
Los Angeles, CA
Riot Games Company Size
Between 2,000 - 10,000 employees
Riot Games Founded Year
Riot Games Total Amount Raised
Riot Games Funding RoundsView funding details