Software Engineer II - Beyond FinanceView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Software Engineer II
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
At Beyond Finance, we’ve made it our mission to help everyday Americans escape the endless cycle of crippling debt and step into a brighter financial future. Through compassionate, individualized care, supportive user-centric technology, and customized financial solutions, we’ve helped over 300,000 clients on their path to a debt-free life.
While we’re proud of what we’ve already accomplished (over $2 billion in resolved debt), we're searching for new collaborators to help us get to the next level! If you’re looking to join a forward-thinking, rapidly growing organization with helping people as its number one goal, we want to hear from you.
About The Role
We are seeking a Software Engineer II to help empower consumers to improve their financial health. We continuously work to simplify the process of financial solutions discovery, learning, and selection. We partner with next-generation FinTechs to provide our users access to best-in-class personalized solutions. We help people find what’s right for them, and help FinTechs fuel growth.
You’ll play a key role in helping guide our technology and product decisions for our teams. We value clear communication, transparency, and collaboration. We drive progress by small iterations and reflecting on how we can best work together.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to decisions that will drive the business for the next 3-5 years
- Build and improve our applications using Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and AWS
- Participate in technical conversations with other engineers and help steer decisions in the right direction
- Offer constructive and respectful feedback via code reviews
- Pair with members of your team to deliver quality code and tackle tricky problems
- Research and promote design patterns and practices that fit our technical challenges
- Participate in production support rotation
- Write automated unit and integration tests as well as build tools to assist in testing various aspects of our platform
- Build in business and technical metrics alongside the features themselves to further us as a data-driven organization
- Work with our devops team to ensure our CI/CD pipeline fits our growing needs. Tools include CircleCI, Jenkins, Github Actions, and AWS.
- Receive a personalized development program and sponsorship from your manager
What We Look For
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining production-quality software using Ruby on Rails.
- Expertise in building and consuming APIs
- Strong knowledge of database design and writing SQL statements
- Ability to troubleshoot production issues in unfamiliar code
- Experience scoping projects into small iterations for release
- Clear and efficient communication skills
- Mentorship skills and the ability to give well-crafted constructive feedback
Why Join Us?
While you make a difference for others, we’ll work to make a difference for you, providing an uplifting, collaborative work environment and benefits that reflect your value to us. For eligible full-time employees, we offer:
- Considerable employer contributions for health, dental, and vision programs
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and paid parental leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Merit advancement opportunities
- Career development & training
And finally, our team spirit and culture! We cultivate an environment of community, connection, and belonging across our entire organization.
Beyond Finance does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job positions. No fee will be paid to their parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Beyond Finance employees or the Beyond Finance HR team. No placement fee will be paid to any third party unless such a request has been made by the Beyond HR team.
Beyond Finance Headquarters Location
Beyond Finance Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
Beyond Finance Founded Year
Beyond Finance Total Amount Raised
Beyond Finance Funding RoundsView funding details