Software Engineer (Golang, Java or NodeJS) - BrightcoveView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Software Engineer (Golang, Java or NodeJS)
- Job Location
- Remote, Mexico
- Job Description
Brightcove is looking to hire a Software Engineer to help build out new services as part of the Brightcove Video Cloud. This new service will receive millions of requests per day from millions of viewers per day to fill ad requests from one or more Advertising Sell Side Platforms (SSPs). This is an exciting position with high visibility across the company and growth potential.
- Be a contributor to the development of this new Brightcove service, including contributions to code, design, pipeline, and infrastructure as code.
- Working with other engineers, help deliver the new service to production, build monitoring, and alerts to ensure the service runs smoothly in production.
- Stay abreast of developments and best practices within the tech industry and video.
- Work with Customer Support and Account Management to respond to customer impacting issues.
- 2+ years of software development experience on REST or backend services.
- Experience delivering and supporting high scale SaaS services leveraging public cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), including a practical knowledge of the capabilities such as APIs, regions, instance types, and managed services such as auto-scalers, load-balancers, storage systems, queues, caches, and lambda functions.
- Experience with modern programming languages; Golang preferred.
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL/RDS preferred) or distributed, in-memory caches preferred.
- Positive attitude with an open mind to new approaches of collaborating, learning and thinking.
- Some experience working with version control, continuous deployment and performance monitoring tools, such as Git, TeamCity, Jenkins, SumoLogic, DataDog, and CloudHealth.
- Experience with agile methodologies preferred.
- Experience contributing to the construction, delivery and operation of internet-scale, distributed, high availability systems preferred.
- Knowledge of containers and container-based deployment preferred.
Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. We’re hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the world’s most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive benefits and compensation packages.
This role is designated to be located in our brand new Guadalajara office which is in Puerta de Hierro, part of the metropolitan area of Guadalajara. We offer 3 work arrangements: 100% remote, hybrid, or onsite. The office has been designed with the latest technology, an open yet focused working space layout and employees enjoy access to stocked kitchens with daily catered lunches and social activities. We have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove … and more to come!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!
**Please submit your resume in English to be considered for this role.**
Brightcove Headquarters Location
Brightcove Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
Brightcove Founded Year
Brightcove Total Amount Raised
Brightcove Funding RoundsView funding details
Post Ipo Equity
Post Ipo Equity