Software Engineer, Full-Stack - Komodo HealthView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Software Engineer, Full-Stack
- Job Location
- United States
- Job Description
We Breathe Life Into Data
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. And we believe that smarter use of data is essential to this mission. That’s why we built the Healthcare Map — the industry’s largest, most complete, precise view of the U.S. healthcare system — by combining de-identified, real-world patient data with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical experience. The Healthcare Map serves as our foundation for a powerful suite of software applications, helping us answer healthcare’s most complex questions for our partners. Across the healthcare ecosystem, we’re helping our clients unlock critical insights to track detailed patient behaviors and treatment patterns, identify gaps in care, address unmet patient needs, and reduce the global burden of disease.
As we pursue these goals, it remains essential to us that we stay grounded in our values: be awesome, seek growth, deliver “wow,” and enjoy the ride. At Komodo, you will be joining a team of ambitious, supportive Dragons with diverse backgrounds but a shared passion to deliver on our mission to reduce the burden of disease — and enjoy the journey along the way.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
Komodo aims to build the most accessible, actionable collection of healthcare data in the industry. As we are maturing, we are investing in our user experience to create rich and intuitive web interfaces to bring users closer to our data. Our diverse clients have a range of familiarity with healthcare technicalities and we strive to provide a dynamic interface designed to be simple enough for a layperson while also allowing power users to explore our data with the all the depth and sophistication they require.
This role will be a key contributor to the design and implementation of the web-based gateway to Komodo’s healthcare data, integrating multiple APIs to search, retrieve, and visually analyze relevant medical data. By exposing the power of Komodo’s data APIs directly to consumers, and leveraging innovative caching techniques to create drillable, pivotable visualizations, you will help create a state-of-the-art interactive experience for internal and external users alike.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have…
- Developed an analytical web application with a focus on effectively specifying a complex data set and visualizing returned results
- Implemented a large-scale caching solution to facilitate high-speed requerying of relevant data
- Designed beautiful and dynamic front-end visualizations to render complex metrics in a clear and comprehensible manner
- Designed front-end assets to maximize reuse and composability, while keeping code clean and effectively organized
- Partnered with our Product Managers and wrote design documents to help explain tradeoffs between implementation choices.
- Ensured non-functional requirements are met, such as around developer experience and maintainability
- Navigated technical dependencies between different data and web assets to ensure smooth operations
- Set a high bar for technical quality and contributed to developing team best practices
What you bring to Komodo:
- Significant experience with React / Redux, ideally with experience with Router and Sagas/Thunks
- Significant experience with Python
- Experience with some form of the SVG framework - D3/Highcharts/ReactCharts
- Experience with modern caching patterns and approaches leveraging Elasticache, Redis, Elasticsearch, or others
- Working knowledge of XHR module such as axios or fetch
- Working knowledge of ES6 & ES7
- Understand and design for non-functional concerns such as performance, cost optimization, maintainability and developer experience.
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity, and an annual wellness and productivity stipend to support you in being your healthiest, best self.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Komodo Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Komodo Health Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Komodo Health Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
Komodo Health Founded Year
Komodo Health Total Amount Raised
Komodo Health Funding RoundsView funding details