Software Engineer, Compute Pipelines - 23andMeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Software Engineer, Compute Pipelines
- Job Location
- Sunnyvale, California
- Job Description
23andMe is looking for an experienced, self-directed Software Engineer for the compute pipelines team. We are responsible for designing, building, and managing large scale services at 23andMe that serve both external and internal customers. We support backend services that are critical to customer's experience on the website, build libraries in support of internal research, power machine learning and model development. We are passionate about building services that are performant, scalable, reliable, and secure. 23andMe has one of the largest databases of genetic data and the challenges we deal with and solve are unique. You will work within a collaborative environment of small fast-paced development teams that have a mix of veteran engineers and recent graduates. Come join us in our mission to be the world's trusted source of personal genetic information!
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding. Get to know the 23andMe Engineering team more through our engineering blog!
What You'll Do
- Design, develop and maintain reliable scalable services, backend APIs and web applications to solve complex large scale engineering challenges at 23andMe
- Develop and support compute pipelines that provide results to customers and internal teams
- Take part in on call rotations for the operational support for mission critical systems
- Build and rely on CI/CD methods and automatic testing to ensure reliable code, continuously delivered
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, product, security to deliver on strategic projects as well as maintain operational excellence of existing services
- Drive technical excellence through code and design reviews
What You’ll Bring
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent education, plus 2 years industry experience
- Expertise building libraries and services in Python, ideally in AWS.
- Passion for backend systems engineering
- Hands-on experience working with CI/CD deployment pipelines, Docker containers, and testing frameworks
- A team player attitude with comfortability operating in a highly collaborative environment
Tools and Systems We Use and Teach
- AWS, CloudFormation, Terraform
- Python, Bash
- Django, FastApi
- Spark, Celery, Backend Processing
- Docker, Drone
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
23andMe Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
23andMe Founded Year
23andMe Funding Rounds
Post Ipo Equity