Software Engineer – Cloud Backend Designer - GroqView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Software Engineer – Cloud Backend Designer
- Job Location
- Mountain View, CA (Remote); Toronto, Canada (Remote)
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
At Groq, we radically simplify compute to accelerate workloads in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and high-performance computing.
Why join Groq? You want to be a part of something groundbreaking, where every day you can see the impact of your work on Groq’s technology and customer solutions. As a Groqstar, you will join a talent-rich group of problem solvers and doers; in a culture that focuses on team, growth, innovation, and creativity. Simply put, at Groq, we defy gravity.
We are changing as the world changes and have evolved into a Geo-agnostic company meaning you work where you are. Exceptional candidates will thrive in asynchronous partnerships and remote collaboration methods. Some roles may require being located near our primary sites, which will be indicated in the job description. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package, numerous quality-of-life perks such as a home office stipend, flexible learning allowance, optional professional coaching and a schedule of fun team activities.
Are you ready to join our crew and help us reimagine machine learning and AI at scale?
If so, we look forward to connecting with you!
Software Engineer – Cloud Backend Designer
About this role:
We are looking for an outstanding Software Engineer, with extensive experience in crafting performant, scalable, software stacks to help design & build a next-generation real-time Cloud for mission-critical ML/HPC applications. As a part of the engineering organization at Groq, you'll be working closely with cross-functional teams across the company and have a huge impact on our ML/AI and HPC Cloud customers.
The ideal candidate will have experience in modern software design methodologies related to cloud technologies (streaming APIs, frontend, and backend), datacenter server platforms, and network protocols. They will also possess knowledge of the best security practices for the entire software stack.
Responsibilities & opportunities in this role:
- Develop a practical understanding of Groq’s ML accelerator solutions, as to enable active participation in the design and creation of a scalable, real-time Cloud service.
- Design and implement backend systems using modern infrastructure frameworks.
- Work closely with front-end teams to ensure tight integration with backend systems.
- Provide test coverage, instrumentation, and documentation for systems implemented.
- Help to implement operations playbooks for Cloud services
- Recommend enhancements and improvements to hardware and systems engineering teams to support features required by the Cloud services.
Ideal candidates have/are:
- Premier software engineering professional with a history of architecting and delivering end-to-end solutions and services for scalable Cloud platforms
- Operate with integrity, drive transparency, willingness, and effective communication. Comfortable engaging colleagues from other teams to provide the best solutions
- Capable of performing performance analysis, tuning, and optimization of backend systems to run tail latency.
- Understanding of security challenges common for cloud/multi-tenant environments and willingness to proactively address them by crafting and implementing standard methodologies
- Passionate about new technologies and is willing to take initiative in fostering and creating proof-of-concepts
Qualifications for this role:
- BS in CE, EE, CS, or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in software design for cloud-scale, secure systems
- Familiarity with:
- Linux, Docker/Kubernetes, C++, Python, (Bonus: Rust)
- Modern backend service frameworks
- Protocol Buffers, gRPC streaming, & RESTful API transports
- Tail performance-optimized software design patterns (real-time, lock-less, high-concurrency, etc.)
- Excellent multi-functional collaborative and influencing skills.
- Effective communication & presentation skills
- Able to work in a very multifaceted start-up environment
Attributes of a Groqstar:
- Humility - Egos are checked at the door
- Collaborative and Team Savvy - We make up the smartest person in the room together
- Growth and Giver Mindset - Learn it all versus know it all, we share knowledge generously
- Curious and Innovative - Take a creative approach to projects, problems, and design
- Passion, grit, and boldness - no limit thinking; fueling informed risk taking
Our goal is to hire and promote an exceptional workforce as diverse as the global populations we serve. Groq is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of our organization. We value and celebrate diversity in thought, beliefs, talent, expression, and backgrounds. We know that our individual differences make us better. Come join us! #LI-Remote
The national pay range for our technical roles are $100,000-$500,000. The national pay range for our non-technical roles are $90,000-$470,000. Individual compensation will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience aligned with Groq’s internal leveling guidelines and benchmarks.
Groq is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. We also take affirmative action to offer employment opportunities to minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans.
Groq is committed to working with qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants who would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or who need special assistance or a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only. Evaluation of requests for reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Groq Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
Groq Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Groq Founded Year
Groq Total Amount Raised
Groq Funding RoundsView funding details