Software Engineer - Camus EnergyView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Software Engineer
- Job Location
- Job Description
Camus Energy builds software for the grid as it becomes smarter, more connected, and more dynamic in order to accelerate both the adoption of renewable energy as well as the reduction of carbon emissions. To address the unique challenges faced by grid operators in an evolving energy landscape, we draw on lessons from other industries as well as our own experience in massively parallel cloud computing, high-scale real-time analytics, and high-reliability computing.
Engineers at Camus handle a mix of project types:
- Rapid prototyping: create bespoke solutions to meet new customer challenges; respond to unique conditions on the ground
- Innovative feature development: generalize from, and deepen, initial prototypes to create new features for large customer groups
- Systems development: generalize and scale solutions to meet the full spectrum of customer needs
Camus Energy is looking for collaborative, curious thinkers with strong technical backgrounds.
- You have 3+ years full-stack experience using Go, Python, or similar technologies
- You have worked with two or more from the following:
- Web application development,
- Cloud application development,
- Large scale database app development (eg., NOSQL, replicated SQL, etc.),
- Low level device protocol interface (SCADA, DNP3, Modbus)
- You are proficient in English
- If you are a member of a group that has been historically underrepresented in technology, we especially encourage you to apply.
About Our Tech
- Go and Python are the team’s primary backend technologies.
- Deployment, maintenance, and testing are shared responsibilities. We currently ship containerized server-side code to virtual machines running in GCP; automatic deployments are managed using Pulumi.
- Our data pipelines use stream processing (Beam), SQL (Postgres), and NOSQL (Bigtable).
- Among the many different types of data processed are GIS, AMI, and SCADA.
- The many low level protocols we implement include DNP3, Modbus, and 2030.5.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Camus Energy Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Camus Energy Company Size
Between 10 - 50 employees
Camus Energy Founded Year
Camus Energy Total Amount Raised
Camus Energy Funding RoundsView funding details