Software Engineer - BrightcoveView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Software Engineer
- Job Location
- Portugal Remote
- Job Description
Brightcove's engineering team is built on small, collaborative, self-running teams, where everyone has an equal voice and decisions are made analytically. We encourage lightweight development processes that balance craftsmanship with execution. We strive to build engaging products with a rich user experience to meet the needs of and delight our customers. If you are bright, enthusiastic about development, creative, passionate, curious and eager to contribute we want to hear from you!
- Work in an agile environment with a team of engineers to create products and services, and enhance existing solutions and workflows.
- Develop clean, high-quality code and automated tests to verify its' operation.
- Successfully collaborate with other engineering groups and product managers at Brightcove.
- Provide operational support for Brightcove applications.
- 2+ years of back-end software engineering experience in NodeJS
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL and/or other RDMS
- Experience with REST and API design
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Demonstrable experience developing, deploying and supporting scalable back-end services
- Experience delivering and supporting high scale SaaS services leveraging public cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with PHP is strongly preferred
- Knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices
- Familiar with continuous integration and deployment infrastructure for services is a plus
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
WORKING AT BRIGHTCOVE
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as generous PTO - and we expect you to use it!
Why Brightcove? We've worked hard to create a company where talented, passionate people can thrive in a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence, and collaboration. Working at Brightcove gives you the chance to reshape how media is published and consumed worldwide while you develop your skills, grow your career, and have fun.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you need any accommodations for your interview, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.#LI-JP1
Brightcove Headquarters Location
Brightcove Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
Brightcove Founded Year
Brightcove Total Amount Raised
Brightcove Funding RoundsView funding details
Post Ipo Equity
Post Ipo Equity