Software Engineer, Backend (Financial Products) - AffirmView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Software Engineer, Backend (Financial Products)
- Job Location
- Remote Poland
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
We've opened an office in Poland with a goal to hire a substantial team of talented engineers within the first year. Read more about our plans here.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Financial Products Engineering in Poland, allowing us to recoup money on charged-off loans through third party vendors. Come join this backend engineering team as we expand to different countries and build a seamless integration platform with new vendors. Our aim is to make recoveries experience smooth and comprehensive for Affirm and its vendors.
We are only just getting started! Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!
What You’ll Do
- Design and build our Collections and Recoveries platform to build a major integration platform for Affirm and its vendors.
- Enhance and refactor core modules of the system to make it more extensible, robust and performant.
- Participate in technical discussions and plans to improve our overall software quality.
- Plan, design, communicate, and implement software systems with an eye towards robust, extensible architecture.
- Develop technical specifications and decompose the specification into tasks and phases.
- Continuously raise the bar in terms of code quality, performance, and systems design.
What We Look For
Compensation & BenefitsWe offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range
- 2+ years proven experience as a software engineer.
- Familiarity with deployment and automated testing frameworks.
- Familiarity with Python, Flask, Swagger, Amazon Aurora (MySQL), Amazon S3, Amazon Fargate, Snowflake, Luigi, Airflow and/or Git a plus.
- Ability to collaborate with your team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ambition to change consumer financial services for the better.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the capability to drive cross-functional requirements with product and engineering teams.
Location - Remote Poland
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 18,842 - 20,725 PLN
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food, lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.#LI-Remote
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.Inclusivity:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Affirm Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Affirm Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Affirm Founded Year
Affirm Funding Rounds