Software Engineer, Back-end - CommentSoldView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Software Engineer, Back-end
- Job Location
- Remote - India
- Job Description
CommentSold is the North American leader in live selling technology (ranked by G2), having enabled over 7,000 small to mid-sized retailers with live-selling tools, generating over 166 million items sold with $3.8B+ in lifetime GMV. CommentSold’s technology continues to provide businesses and creators of all sizes with best-in-class solutions for delivering engaging live video commerce experiences across all of their sales channels simultaneously. CommentSold moved into direct-to-consumer commerce via the acquisition of assets of Popshoplive, a community-driven livestream shopping marketplace app at the intersection of social, e-commerce and entertainment. In 2022, CommentSold debuted its lightweight video commerce plugin technology, Videeo, which gives any retailer or brand the ability to embed and go live with engaging, branded live video commerce experiences within days by easily integrating into an existing e-commerce stack.
Software Engineer, Back-end (Remote, based in India)
Join North America’s largest live selling and video commerce platform, and help drive the next level of growth as our newest Back-end Software Engineer.
Live Selling Starts at CS.
CS offers retailers a complete live sales solution. From onboarding and strategy, superior go-live technology, and live selling best practices to backend solutions for inventory, invoicing, and fulfillment–our team is there to guide a top-notch customer experience every step of the way.
Our Engineering team stays close to our customers, building the tools to deliver on our promise to make running their business easier. We make decisions fast, and priorities change as we adapt to the needs of our industry so we welcome folks that relish in the challenges of pace. We believe in quick iteration and in-the-moment feedback, so we can work collectively to build the best team and product.
In this role, you will collaborate with a team of mobile engineers on our consumer-facing, live-selling platform, and apps. This role works closely with our international & US-based product and engineering teams and will report to the Engineering Tech Lead.
In this role, you will
- Contribute meaningful work daily to web and mobile applications that support thousands of customers and hundreds of thousands of users
- Be given ownership of challenging problems working in a modern engineering environment
- Work with a team of energetic and engaged engineers and engineering partners
- Be valued for your input and contributions to technical and product decision-making for web and mobile applications
If you're right for this role, you
- Have a strong understanding of core computer science principles
- Have 4+ years of software development experience
- Have strong experience with development of backend systems; and be comfortable working with front end components
- Have experience in building and integrating with internal or external APIs
- Have Experience with Typescript or NodeJS
- Have Experience with a NodeJS framework like Express, Fastify or NestJS
- Programming experience with Typescript
- Experience in either Express / Serverless Framework or NestJS
- Familiarity with routing tools / ORM frameworks etc in NodeJS is an added bonus
- Have Experience with relational and NoSQL Databases
- Have Experience with deploying applications in Google Cloud
- Experience with google cloud functions
- Experience with nuances of GCP function deployment, a google cloud certification would be a plus
- Have sound judgment for solving issues quickly without adding technical debt
- Have passion for understanding customers’ problems solving them in innovative ways; Maintain a high level of empathy for the customer and their user experience
- Be comfortable in a fast paced, pragmatic work environment
- Experience with e-commerce and/or live-selling platforms; preferred not required
- Work well in a remote, collaborative team environment; Have the ability to communicate your thought process in problem-solving, verbally and over Slack
- Have a mindset towards high-quality output and attention to detail, comfortable being able to provide and receive feedback in code reviews
- Possess an ability to follow through with tasks when assigned, and communicate effectively when roadblocks occur
- Must be able to flex at least 4 working hours to overlap with North American timezones; Preferably 9am - 1pm EST (US)
We love our values
We’re building a community, our chosen circle, around a set of values that guide how we work and interact with the world around us. Our cultural norms at work can’t be turned off when the computer’s away -- we live these in every part of our lives. Our team isn’t for everyone, so if you’re right for it, the following values should resonate strongly with how you live your life.
Deliver for our customer COMMUNITY: We are committed to making our customers successful.
Do it as a TEAM: We actively listen to diverse perspectives and respond empathetically.
Help each other GROW: We are willing to get uncomfortable for the sake of our growth.
OWN it: We do our part to reach the team's shared goals and hold ourselves and others accountable.
DRIVE forward: We are determined to innovate for impact.
CommentSold Headquarters Location
Santa Monica, CA
CommentSold Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
CommentSold Founded Year