Software Engineer - ApptronikView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Software Engineer
- Job Location
- Austin, TX
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Apptronik is building robots for the real world to improve human quality of life and to help solve the ever-increasing labor shortage problem. Our team has been building some of the most advanced robots on the planet for years, dating back to the DARPA Robotics Challenge. We apply our expertise across the full robotics stack to some of the most important and impactful problems our society faces, and expect our products and technology to change the world for the better. We value passion, creativity, and collaboration to help us overcome existing technological barriers in the industry to create truly innovative products.
You will join a team developing a state-of-the-art general-purpose robot designed to operate in human spaces and with human tools. It is designed to work alongside humans, to walk like humans do, and to dexterously manipulate objects with its hands and upper body.
We’re seeking a Software Engineer with an interest in developing flexible and robust software for robotic systems. As a Software Engineer at Apptronik, you will be responsible for developing the infrastructure and software components that run the control, planning, and perception algorithms powering behaviors across a variety of different robotic systems that we build. You will work with a small team of engineers with technical expertise in software, controls, algorithms, optimization, and robotics hardware. Prior robotics experience not required – we’re more interested in a solid software development skillset, a passion for technology, and willingness to learn.
- 2+ years of software engineering experience (excluding academic training) developing production-grade software in C++
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Very comfortable with modern C++ (14/17) development in a Linux environment
- Strong understanding of networking concepts
- Experience designing and developing software for embedded devices, Edge applications, or robotics with critical, real-time performance requirements
- Familiarity with Git / similar version control systems
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies – both on the unit and integration test levels
- Experience tracking down tough bugs, including memory leaks and concurrency bugs
- Familiarity with collaborating on a team using an Agile process, including participating in sprint planning, design reviews, and code reviews
- Strong communication skills and willingness to learn robotics concepts as needed
Nice to Have
- Python / Bash skills
- Experience with ROS, including actionlib- / pluginlib-based architectures
- Knowledge of real time operating system concepts and prior experience with an RTOS or real-time kernel
- Strong understanding of distributed computing / multi-threaded / multi-process design and debugging concepts
- Experience using code profiling / optimization tools
- Experience with containerization, especially in Docker
- Creative, curious, analytical, and disciplined
- A passion for building things. Fellow tinkerers are encouraged to apply.
- Competitive base w/ benefits
- Highly motivating equity incentive package
- Hybrid work schedule (i.e. work from home in some capacity)
- Flexible work hours policy
- Professional development opportunities
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k plan
*This is a direct hire. Please, no outside Agency solicitations.
Apptronik provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Apptronik Headquarters Location
Apptronik Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
Apptronik Founded Year
Apptronik Total Amount Raised
Apptronik Funding RoundsView funding details