Software Development Engineer in Test - NetskopeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Software Development Engineer in Test
- Job Location
- Job Description
Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.The Team
The Netskope Web Application Development team is responsible for building all aspects of the web platform that includes Web UI, Web Server, Relational Database, Rest API Service etc. Our team consists of an enthusiastic and fun filled group of people who work on product design, development and delivery of frontend and backend components of the Netskope UI stack.
As a Sr. SDET on the team you will be responsible for ensuring the quality of the UI stack for a new, unannounced project. Duties will include working closely with UX and development to create test plans and automate them. Additional duties will include:
- Develop and execute software test plans in order to identify software problems and their cause.
- Define what tests should be automated and aid in automating them.
- Development of automation scripts parallel to feature development to enable CI/CD.
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures and define acceptance criteria.
- Continue to develop and optimize test procedures for improving efficiency on test plan execution.
- Lead effort on integrating new tools and technologies for existing regression testing to rely completely on automation.
- Work with teams to set up testing processes, patterns and standards and be the voice of quality.
- Develop and oversee appropriate processes, toolset, and staging environment, to support our testing strategy.
- Help the development team and product owner in debugging and troubleshooting the issue throughout the test cycle.
- Openly collaborates with team members. Informing the development team of progress, roadblocks, and issues.
- Develop effective reporting and analysis of critical product quality metrics.
- Understand the major browser technologies to ensure that the Netskope web interface works seamlessly in all browsers.
- Stay updated in industry UI trends to validate procedures, programming and documentation.
- Minimum 5-10 years of hands on testing experience including automation.
- Solid experience in Web User Interface testing.
- Rich experience in testing rest api services.
- Expertise in writing test automation for Web User Interface testing. eg: Selenium
- Experience building automation frameworks.
- Good knowledge on web applications and http protocols.
- Good at coming up with test plans and execution.
- Proficient in any one of the programming languages, preference Typescript, Python.
- Familiarity with web data formats like JSON, MIME,XML, HTML
- Experience in CI/CD, using tools like Drone, Jenkins, Hudson, or any other CI systems.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
Bonus Points :
- Experience in writing test automation for Angular framework based web applications.
- Experience with AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Good understanding of security products like SWG, Web proxies or cloud security solutions is a big plus.
- BSCS or equivalent required, MSCS or equivalent strongly preferred
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.
Netskope Headquarters Location
Santa Clara, CA
Netskope Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Netskope Founded Year
Netskope Total Amount Raised
Netskope Funding RoundsView funding details