Software Development Engineer, Backend (Payments) - ReChargeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Software Development Engineer, Backend (Payments)
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Who we are
Recharge is the leader in powering physical subscriptions, making it one of the most important ecommerce engines. Recharge powers over 50M subscriptions worldwide and has processed more than 10B in transactions. More than 15K brands such as Verve Coffee Roasters, Bokksu, Who Gives A Crap, Geologie, Bite Toothpaste Bits and The Sill rely on Recharge daily to grow their businesses and delight their customers.
Recharge’s mission is to enable brands and merchants to form strong, lasting relationships with their customers through recurring purchases. As merchants seek ways to drive more direct sales and distribution through their channels and move away from a reliance on traditional online marketing strategies, Recharge has made it possible to grow businesses with seamless, recurring customer transactions.
Bootstrapped until 2020, Recharge is valued at over 2.1B dollars and is a double unicorn with a total raise of 277M dollars. Join us as we work with our merchants to define the future of ecommerce.
The Payments team at Recharge is responsible for several services core to our business, including Checkout, Gateway Integrations, and Charge Processing. Given the importance of these services, the Payments team is critical to the success of Recharge, our merchants, and their customers. Initiatives for this team are carefully selected and given the time, focus, and resources to ensure success in a predictable manner.
In this role, you will work with a team of engineers to build, maintain, and improve these services. As a Software Development Engineer, you will be involved in all parts of the stack, and make critical design decisions. You'll have the opportunity to work closely with Staff & Principal Engineers in the Core Commerce organization while leading the design of projects. Additionally, you’ll work closely with your Engineering Manager and peers while planning, estimating, and executing those projects.
Our Tech Stack: Python, Flask, GCP, Elasticsearch, Redis, SaaS, CloudSQL/MySQL, Terraform, OpenTelemetry, Docker, Kubernetes, Splunk, SignalFx, Sentry
What you’ll do
- Live by and champions all of our core values: #ownership, #empathy, #day-one, and #humility
- Collaborate with design, product, and engineering teams to build new features at scale
- Understand roadmap priorities and write code focused on scalability, testability, supportability, and maintainability
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack
- Find and address performance issues throughout the application
- Perform thorough code reviews and provide useful constructive feedback.
- Contribute to cultivating a positive team environment
- Exhibit empathy to others with their solutions
- Articulate thoughts, solutions, and questions so teammates are able to follow the thought process
- Manage concerns or project details to the team
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years of relevant development experience in fast-paced environments
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Willingness to lean in as needed when duty calls
- Self-driven; pragmatic; a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Ability to work remote-first in a high-growth company
- Ability to demonstrate high self-sufficiency to take on and complete projects in a timely manner
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Experience with Python, Serverless, event-driven architecture, and Cloud Platforms such as GCP or AWS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Expert usage cloud computing experience
- Prior e-commerce experience preferred
That said, we know people have varied backgrounds. If you don't meet 100% of the requirements, but you know you can do the job, we believe in you! We'd love for you to apply anyway, and tell us why you'd be a great addition to the team.
Recharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Recharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Transparency in Coverage
This link leads to the Anthem Blue Cross machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes network negotiated rates for all items and services; allowed amounts for OON items, services and prescription drugs; and negotiated rates and historical prices for network prescription drugs (delayed). EIN 80-6245138. This link leads to the Kaiser machine-readable files.
ReCharge Headquarters Location
Santa Monica, CA
ReCharge Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
ReCharge Founded Year
ReCharge Total Amount Raised
ReCharge Funding RoundsView funding details