Social Impact & Sustainability Summer Internship - JustworksView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Social Impact & Sustainability Summer Internship
- Job Location
- New York, New York
- Job Description
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You care deeply about social impact. You have a strong desire for connecting how companies do business and do well. You enjoy creating and adapting ideas from scratch and thrive in a high-paced, startup environment. You are passionate about collaborative work that takes into account a diversity of perspectives and experiences. You’re hard-working, kind, and thoughtful with a positive attitude. You pay great attention to details and are meticulously organized. You have no issues rolling up your sleeves to get the job done and are open to learning and expanding beyond your comfort zone.You are a proactive and detail-oriented team player and no task is too small for you! You can effectively manage your time and focus on ensuring data integrity and accuracy for your projects. You can be vigilant in maintaining confidentiality and discretion at all times.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Assist in the development of engagement opportunities connected to social impact
- Partner with team members to ensure successful planning and completion of projects and initiatives with internal and external partners
- Assist in strengthening the relationship with Justworks.org grantees through research and innovation
- Assist in the development of an initial directory of NGOs aligned with Justworks’ mission for future volunteer opportunities and collaboration
- Participate in advancing the connection of our social impact work to our sustainability work
- Participate in process development initiatives to improve our ESG data collection capabilities
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Social Impact and Sustainability Intern, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Solution-oriented - identifies the source of a question or challenge and provides the right, or a better, way of doing things.
- Good judgment - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Initiative and motivation - identifying what needs to be done and taking steps in doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Curious about our business and the people who work in it
- Attention to detail and willingness to get out of your comfort zone
- Motivated, enthusiastic, and serious about your future career development
- Interested in pursuing a career the Social Impact or Sustainability space
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $21.65 to $21.65 per hour.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Please Note: We believe Justworks has a responsibility to support efforts to get as many people vaccinated as possible. We’re committed to safeguarding the well-being of our employees, their families and the broader community from the risks associated with COVID-19. Because this position requires onsite work, this position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. As an equal opportunity employer, Justworks will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated in accordance with its obligations pursuant to applicable federal, state, provincial, and local law.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Justworks Headquarters Location
New York, NY
Justworks Company Size
Between 500 - 2,000 employees
Justworks Founded Year
Justworks Total Amount Raised
Justworks Funding RoundsView funding details