Senior/Staff UX Researcher, Pokémon GO - NianticView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior/Staff UX Researcher, Pokémon GO
- Job Location
- Tokyo, Japan
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Niantic’s mission is to use emerging technology to enrich our experiences as human beings in the physical world. We build games that encourage movement, exploration, and face-to-face social interaction. We are seeking an experienced User Experience Researcher to help craft the future of Niantic's games, and in particular, Pokémon GO.
- Lead and conduct the user experience research of Pokémon GO.
- Work closely with Pokémon GO cross-functional partners and UX research leaders to identify research opportunities.
- Translate product and design goals into User Research Plans.
- Lead, and conduct end-to-end user experience research with users across the globe using appropriate research methods.
- Apply appropriate analysis methods to turn data captured into meaningful and concrete insights/recommendations for the team.
- Keep up with user experience related standards, research methods, trends, and tools.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to cultivate strong working relationships with project team members, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Master’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Anthropology, Cognitive Science, Statistics, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years (4+ if Ph.D. holder) conducting mixed methods game research.
- Expertise in attitudinal and behavioral qualitative research methods, such as interviews, focus groups, and diary studies.
- Expertise in various qualitative analysis methodologies, such as content, thematic, and narrative analysis, interpretive phenomenological analysis, discourse analysis, and grounded theory.
- Comfortable working in ambiguity and driving consensus from exploration.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and evolving team.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of Niantic's platform and games.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration is good for Niantic’s culture, and critical to our future success as a company. We support flexibility and know new ways of working are here to stay.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
Niantic Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Niantic Company Size
Between 500 - 2,000 employees
Niantic Founded Year
Niantic Total Amount Raised
Niantic Funding RoundsView funding details