Senior/Staff Engineer, Software - BlackSkyView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior/Staff Engineer, Software
- Job Location
- Herndon, Virginia, United States, Remote
- Job Description
Senior/Staff Software Engineer
BlackSky is a geospatial intelligence solutions provider that enables organizations to task, collect, and transform data from earth observation, global sensor networks, mobile devices, and social media to deliver on-demand insights about places, events, and assets that are critical to their operations. BlackSky provides satellite collection, data, and cloud based -processing and analytic solutions to organizations that are capitalizing on the exponential growth of a wide range of sensor and collection platforms for delivering the next generation of GEOINT and location intelligence solutions. BlackSky has extensive expertise and capabilities in commercial remote sensing, multi-source analytics, cloud computing, open-source software development, Amazon Web Services, and big data geospatial analytics. BlackSky provides solutions to commercial and government organizations with relevant programs with the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA), US. Army, and U.S. Air Force Research Labs.
We are hiring an API Integration Engineer at a Senior/Staff software engineer level well-versed in discovering, writing, and testing application-to-application API integrations for an enterprise-level integration of our constellation tasking system. This is a crucial role that will work alongside our system engineers, clients, and other cross-functional team members to help enhance our capabilities and client application integrations. The ideal candidate will be a strong contributor to development & delivery of API integrations, focusing on creating and maintaining a custom interface that meets the client’s specifications.
While the locations listed in the job posting are ideal, we would love candidates near either our Herndon, VA office or on the East Coast. We may also consider remote candidates in certain states.
- Partner with cross-functional teams and clients to help seamlessly integrate BlackSky’s tasking and delivery APIs with client system/applications.
- Resolve and manage issues that may arise with existing or newly created APIs.
- Collaborate with program managers, system engineers, developers to identify requirements, develop, document, and deliver integrated APIs.
- Provide insightful feedback during design sessions and help your teammates catch issues before they make it into production.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 10 years of backend web API development, specifically with Java and RESTful interfaces.
- Strong understanding of how to design API connections between multiple platforms and applications.
- Experience in API layer like security, custom analytics, throttling, caching, logging, request, and response modifications.
- Experience with Security frameworks (e.g., JWT, OATH2).
- Ability to communicate complex concepts effectively to fellow team members (both technical and non-technical).
- Must be a US-born citizen.
- Experience in creating REST API documentation using Swagger or similar tools.
- Experience working with geospatial data.
- Familiarity with remote sensing products and processing.
Life at BlackSky for full-time benefits eligible employees includes:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, group term life and AD&D, voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- BlackSky pays 100% of employee-only premiums for medical, dental and vision and contributes $100/month for out-of-pocket expenses!
- 15 days of PTO, 11 Company holidays, four Floating Holidays (pro-rated based on hire date), one day of paid volunteerism leave per year, parental leave and more
- 401(k) pre-tax and Roth deferral options with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance and Travel Assistance Programs
- Employer matching donations
- Professional development
- Mac or PC? Your choice!
- Awesome swag
BlackSky is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EEO/AAP/ Pay Transparency Statements:
BlackSky Headquarters Location
BlackSky Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
BlackSky Founded Year