Senior/Staff Electrolyte Scientist - Factorial EnergyView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior/Staff Electrolyte Scientist
- Job Location
- Billerica, MA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Empowering a Sustainable Future
Factorial Energy is a dynamic venture-backed company dedicated to creating a sustainable future. With a passionate team of engineers and business professionals, Factorial is developing breakthrough solid-state battery technology to enable safe, scalable, and high-performance cells for electric vehicles. Operating out of its research and development facility in the Greater Boston Area, Factorial holds a portfolio of solid-state innovations, including its segment-leading FEST® (Factorial Electrolyte System Technology). The company entered joint development agreements with Mercedes-Benz, Stellantis, and Hyundai Motor company and was recently featured in The Boston Globe and The New York Times.
Factorial Energy is looking for a Senior/Staff Electrolyte Scientist to join its R&D team in Billerica, Massachusetts location. The successful candidate will take laboratory-oriented tasks and will focus on electrolyte formulation development for lithium metal batteries. This position requires an understanding of small molecule organic electrolyte chemistry and lithium metal anode. Candidates must have academic or industrial experience with lithium metal batteries development. The role will entail independent design and execution of experiments, data analysis, and collaboration with Factorial Energy’s R&D. Applicants should expect to be closely involved in patent filings and must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills.
In this role you will:
- Design, develop and validate strategies to optimize electrolyte composition for enhanced battery performance.
- Analysis and characterization of small molecule organic electrolyte and Li-electrolyte interaction and develop understanding of their influence on battery performance.
- Provide scientific support to project teams to resolve both practical and fundamental issues.
- Maintain compliance with all company protocols related to confidentiality, assignment of inventions, and other policies or duties as identified and assigned.
We are looking for people with:
- PhD degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or related fields required.
- More than 3 years of industrial-oriented experience with lithium metal batteries including advanced electrolyte research.
- Expertise and hand on experience in lithium metal batteries and cutting-edge technology from preparation to application with fundamental understanding the dynamic changes of lithium metal batteries working in the energy storage systems and generate solutions to the challenges.
- Proven track record of work on Li metal battery projects.
- Plus, for candidates with testing and evaluating experience of pouch cells with Li metal anode.
- Willingness to execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Ability to work within project teams with dedication and technical excellence.
- Able to work onsite at Billerica, MA.
- Fluent in English with a focus on basic speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills.
Some of our competitive benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off
- 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds
- Education assistance plan
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
805 Middlesex Turnpike, Billerica, MA 01821
Factorial Energy is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All qualified applicants, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
To request a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, job interview, and/or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Factorial Energy Headquarters Location
Factorial Energy Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
Factorial Energy Founded Year
Factorial Energy Total Amount Raised
Factorial Energy Funding RoundsView funding details