Senior Visual Design Artist - Unpublished R&D Product - Riot GamesView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Visual Design Artist - Unpublished R&D Product
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, USA
- Job Description
Visual Designers at Riot Games seek to craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory and illustration. Designers collaborate with cross disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
As the Senior Visual Designer for this R&D project you will help us build an exciting new PVE game featuring the cast of our iconic characters in Runeterra. We need your help in producing assets of the highest quality for our players to immerse themselves in our world. You'll report to the Art Director and collaborate with other artists to establish the style of the game's user interface. You'll also work collaboratively with engineers, designers, and producers, and together will give new, delightful experiences to our players.
- Shape UI/UX for the game, defining a direction that meets the creative goals of the project
- Create visually balanced and intuitive interfaces that show an excellent grasp of readability, hierarchy, platform and player behavior patterns
- Guide the planning of UI work, working with artists and designers to build on the creative vision
- Collaborate with art and game design to mock-up UX wireframes that meet the goals for player interaction and visual design
- Create assets through each stage of development, taking ideas from concept to in-game implementation
- Use deep knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory, and illustration to create seamless player experience
- Extend themes throughout the project, establishing style guides and conventions
- Establish the quality bar for your discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Visual Designer, UI Designer, or UI Artist
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience in high concept mobile visual design;
- Understand mobile best practices and use them to inform design decisions;
- Experience working with Unreal Engine, Unity, or any relevant game engine;
- Strong grasp of design fundamentals (layout, composition, grids, typography, etc.);
- Portfolio that demonstrates visual taste of contemporary graphic design and strong artistic style;
- Hands on professional experience as a Visual Designer or User Interface artist working with others;
- Solid knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects;
- Experience working and collaborating with with others from various discipline
- Knowledge of the game development pipeline including optimization, localization, implementation
- Familiarity with Unity, Unreal, or relevant game engine
- Experience in a secondary area such as motion graphics, illustration, animation, or modeling
- Experience contributing to a feature, game, product launch, or entertainment property through the craft of visual communication design;
- Experience working in Figma
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $136,000 USD - $190,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
(Bellevue only) Base salary range between $136,000 USD - $190,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Riot Games Headquarters Location
Los Angeles, CA
Riot Games Company Size
Between 2,000 - 10,000 employees
Riot Games Founded Year
Riot Games Total Amount Raised
Riot Games Funding RoundsView funding details