Senior Vice President, Financial Institutions - MosaicView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Vice President, Financial Institutions
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Who We Are
We are creating the best way to finance clean energy for the home to help combat climate change. Mosaic partners directly with solar and home improvement professionals, who use our simple point-of-sale app to offer financing to their customers. This makes it easy and affordable for families to make energy-efficient upgrades to their homes. Since 2012, Mosaic has funded more than $11 billion in loans through our platform and helped more than 1 million people participate in the clean energy transition. Join us as we work toward our vision of 100% clean energy for all.
Location: We are a remote-first company. This role can be based anywhere in the US.
The SVP of Financial Institutions will lead the sourcing, development, and coordination of Mosaic's financial institution partnerships. Reporting to the Chief of Funding, this is a key role within the organization and carries high visibility both internally and externally.
Responsible for the sourcing and development of new direct funding relationships (spot sales, whole loan forward flow partnerships and direct origination programs) with capital partners and coordinating with the broader capital markets execution platform. They will also be responsible for oversight of the Debt Investor Relations function, primarily focused on the development and maintenance of the Institutional Investor base for the company’s ABS program(s).
The position will generally be externally facing but will need to work cross-functionally on key program elements with a number of other departments in the organization.
- Lead the initiative to broaden Mosaic’s suite of financial off-take partners including institutional investors and regional banks
- Lead small internal FIG team in term sheet negotiation and execution
- Initiate broad outreach to existing contacts to introduce them to Mosaic as a corporation and to the various loan products we originate.
- Partner with Capital Markets and and Loan Origination team leadership to build off-take programs that optimize asset yield and flexibility to accommodate portfolio growth and expansion in Solar and Home Improvement lending verticals
- Work cross functionally with Sales, Risk, Product, Operations, Treasury and Legal to develop programs that optimize flexibility and execution with Financial Institution off-take partners
- Oversee the day to day sourcing and tracking of partnership leads from lead identification to transaction close:
- Supervise the building of efficient tracking mechanisms
- Integration of tracking reports with existing Salesforce initiative
- Lead outreach to “cold” sources
- Maintenance and update of pitch materials and supporting data
- Coordination of due diligence process
- Support Capital Markets in final transaction documentation and execution
What you bring to the team
- At least 15 years experience in the Loan Sale and Capital Markets arena, with a demonstrated knowledge of Consumer Finance, preferably including clean energy.
- An extensive personal “rolodex” and an ability to hit the ground running with outreach initiatives.
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with Capital Markets Funding partners, including banks, credit unions and other asset buyers
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and clear understanding of metrics that drive all aspects of loan asset valuation
- Successful history of working within a capital markets/finance team environment and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across Finance suite
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally, particularly with Sales team and Leadership team, to create best-in-class off-take programs and options
- Documentation experience - demonstrated history of understanding of business and legal aspects of loan sale and loan servicing documentation and history of successful execution
- Solid work/team ethic
- B.S. in Finance
- Solar and/or Home Improvement lending experience (or similar consumer asset class experience)
- MBA in Finance
- Other relevant capital markets experience
Compensation: The base salary range for this position is $200,000 - $250,000. The position is eligible for a bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable incentive plan. In addition, we’re proud to offer a range of competitive benefits
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization, there are many exciting reasons to join the Mosaic team. Mosaic has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, self-starter attitude. We believe in hiring talented and driven individuals and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation.
- Robust Health, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Generous paid time off
- 13 Company Holidays
- 401k Match
- Employee Equity Plan
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- We are remote-first (Must be based in the United States)
- Lifestyle Spending accounts for professional and personal wellness
- Mental Health: Headspace subscription, online therapy sessions
- …and more!
Mosaic’s policy is that employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to travel for work, visit our office, or attend in-person meetings, to the extent permitted by applicable law. We encourage you to speak with your recruiter if you would like more details on our COVID-19 safety policies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of backgrounds, perspectives and experience. Mosaic’s vision is 100% clean energy for all. In order to reach that vision, we believe we must build a diverse company where everyone is treated fairly and feels included. In turn, in accordance with Mosaic’s equal employment opportunity policy, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, caste, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
Mosaic Headquarters Location
Mosaic Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Mosaic Founded Year
Mosaic Total Amount Raised
Mosaic Funding RoundsView funding details