Senior UX/UI Web Designer - MongoDBView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior UX/UI Web Designer
- Job Location
- New York City
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
The worldwide data management software market is massive (According to IDC, the worldwide database software market, which it refers to as the database management systems software market, was forecasted to be approximately $82 billion in 2023 growing to approximately $137 billion in 2027. This represents a 14% compound annual growth rate). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
About the Role
As a member of MongoDB’s Web Experiences team, the Senior UX/UI Web Designer will create experiences that challenge developers and business decision-makers to rethink how they store data. You will be responsible for researching, designing, prototyping, and testing new web experiences that drive awareness and adoption of MongoDB’s products and services, especially our Atlas developer data platform.
We are looking for an individual who is user-obsessed, curious, and data-driven. This highly visible role requires natural leadership skills and the ability to work across multiple teams to guide them through the holistic design process of building a shared understanding that leads to innovative design solutions.
This role can be based out of our New York City office or remotely in North America.
In particular, you will
- Work closely with cross-functional teams comprised of web producers, developers, product marketers, and other stakeholders
- Conduct user interviews, surveys, and usability tests to build empathy and gather insights into user behaviors and preferences, then analyze and synthesize those findings to inform your approach to design
- Create user flows and wireframes to outline user interactions and site functionality
- Design and prototype web experiences that enhance usability and understanding
- Plan and execute usability testing sessions to validate design decisions and identify areas for improvement
- Iterate on designs based on feedback from usability testing and user feedback
- Ensure consistency with design system and brand guidelines
- Advocate for and implement accessibility best practices to ensure an inclusive user experience
- Communicate design decisions and rationale effectively to cross-functional teams
- 5+ years experience as a UX designer and researcher, with a strong portfolio of work demonstrating the ability to solve complex design problems with user-centered solutions
- Firm grasp of design thinking, product discovery, and UX research principles and best practices. Proficiency in conducting user research is essential to this role. Candidate should be skilled in various research methods (e.g., survey, interview, and usability testing) to understand user needs and behaviors
- Motivated self-starter with an eye for the details. Must be able to work independently on multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to collect and translate ideas into tangible design artifacts
- Figma is a must; Adobe CC is nice to have
- Familiarity with atomic design methodology and design systems
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, or a related discipline, is preferred but not required
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB’s base salary range for this role is posted below. Compensation at the time of offer is unique to each candidate and based on a variety of factors such as skill set, experience, qualifications, and work location. Salary is one part of MongoDB’s total compensation and benefits package. Other benefits for eligible employees may include: equity, participation in the employee stock purchase program, flexible paid time off, 20 weeks fully-paid gender-neutral parental leave, fertility and adoption assistance, 401(k) plan, mental health counseling, access to transgender-inclusive health insurance coverage, and health benefits offerings. Please note, the base salary range listed below and the benefits in this paragraph are only applicable to U.S.-based candidates.MongoDB’s base salary range for this role in the U.S. is:$84,000—$165,000 USD
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
MongoDB Headquarters Location
New York, NY
MongoDB Company Size
Between 2,000 - 10,000 employees
MongoDB Founded Year
MongoDB Total Amount Raised
MongoDB Funding RoundsView funding details