Senior UX Researcher - ChiefView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior UX Researcher
- Job Location
- New York, NY | Miami, FL | San Francisco, CA | Boston, MA | Washington DC | Los Angeles, CA | Remote Eligible (US based)
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Chief is on a mission to change the face of leadership. Launched in 2019, Chief provides senior executive women with a vetted community of peers, a trusted support system, and business critical insights to strengthen their leadership and magnify their influence. We have been named one of Fast Company's “Most Innovative Companies” — and you can read more about us in Inc. and Forbes.
Chief is a fast-growing, Series B stage start-up backed by CapitalG, General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures and other top-tier investors who believe in our vision to drive more women to the top and keep them there. We have members across the United States with flagship locations in NYC, LA, Chicago and SF.
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are in our DNA, guiding everything we do and how we work. Knowing that our people are the most important driver of our success, we focus on building teams where the power of diverse voices, identities, perspectives, and experiences is celebrated.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and access our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and research at its heart.
About the Role:
Come be a part of building the practice of research at Chief from the ground up. As Senior UX Researcher, reporting to the Director of UX Research, you’ll be an integral part of the team that keeps Chief members at the center of what we do and informs critical decisions at all levels across the company.
The Chief team is hungry for research and insights – you will own research for a critical part of the Chief experience and work collaboratively with partners who “get it” across product, design, content, engineering, marketing, operations, and the broader business to set and execute against a strategic research agenda.
This role focuses specifically on Core, the central part of the Chief experience. Core is a hyper-curated peer group, guided by an executive coach, that becomes a personal board of advisors to support transformational personal and professional growth for women executives.
What you’ll do:
- Own research for a critical part of the Chief experience across the entire product development cycle
- Nurture relationships across stakeholders to develop a holistic view of open questions and opportunities for research
- In collaboration with partners, define and execute against a strategic research agenda
- Identify the best method – qualitative and/or quantitative – to answer the research questions you prioritize
- Share your findings and insights through compelling storytelling and evangelization to drive broad impact
- Contribute to building a culture of research, inquiry, and learning across Chief
- Be a part of creating “the way we do research at Chief”
- Keep your stakeholders and the broader company dialed into and laser-focused on the problems we can solve for members
What you’ve done and enjoy doing:
- You are a true mixed-methods research practitioner, expert at blending and using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- You understand data and are comfortable collaborating with data science and operations stakeholders
- You have worked autonomously to establish a research agenda; you enjoy owning an area of research
- You can demonstrate how your research has had a direct impact on decisions at any level of the business
- You have worked cross-functionally and have strong stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Colleagues are excited to collaborate with you and feel comfortable coming to you with questions
- You are comfortable working in an ambiguous, emerging, and quickly changing product space
- You are scrappy and excited about building the airplane (research practice and process) in-flight
- You are committed to Chief’s vision of driving more women to the top and keeping them there
- You are deeply empathetic and laser-focused on understanding user problems
- You are a true advocate for users and their experience
- You are a compelling storyteller, comfortable communicating with people at all professional levels, life stages, and levels of comfort with research
- There is no requirement for education or years of experience; if this sounds like somewhere you would thrive, please apply!
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy and 4.5 day work weeks
- 20 weeks of paid gender neutral parental leave
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
- Wellness, Work from home and Learning Stipends available
While we’re committed to remaining compliant and adhering to mandates, for us, pay transparency is more than a consideration of what’s lawful and unlawful but rather, an opportunity to disclose what’s required, and what we think is a fair and equitable compensation framework.
At Chief, we want to hire, develop, and retain the best talent, making Chief a top destination to accelerate your career. Our compensation framework is a key part of our vision, and we continually revisit and invest in our philosophy and framework to ensure we remain competitive and relevant, on a quest to achieve our vision.
The pay transparency mandates, as well as our own policies and practices, are a means of narrowing the gender pay gap and fostering an engaged and positive working environment that builds trust, on our mission to change the face of leadership.
The base salary for this role is: $175,000
Chief Headquarters Location
New York, NY
Chief Company Size
Between 500 - 10,000 employees
Chief Founded Year
Chief Funding Rounds