Senior UI Designer - Akili InteractiveView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior UI Designer
- Job Location
- Boston, Massachusetts, United States, Larkspur, California, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Akili is pioneering the development of cognitive treatments through game-changing technologies. Akili’s approach of leveraging technologies designed to directly target the brain establishes a new category of medicine – medicine that is validated through clinical trials like a drug or medical device but experienced like entertainment. Akili’s platform is powered by proprietary therapeutic engines designed to target cognitive impairment at its source in the brain, informed by decades of research and validated through rigorous clinical programs. Driven by Akili’s belief that effective medicine can also be fun and engaging, Akili’s products are delivered through captivating action video game experiences. For more information, please visit www.akiliinteractive.com.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion are incredibly important to all of us. Akili is, by our very nature, founded on diversity. We are composed of employees from incredibly diverse industries such as gaming, software, clinical research, biotechnology, and the pharmaceutical industry, all coming together with a common mission; to challenge the status quo of medicine. Inclusivity and wellness are 2 of our foundational cultural commitments.
We are committed to hearing all voices. Akili Interactive provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
We are seeking a dynamic and talented Senior UI Designer to join our small but mighty design team developing digital therapeutics that deliver clinically-validated treatment through engaging game play
In this role, you will shape the entire end user experience for EndeavorOTC, an FDA-validated treatment for ADHD. Your work will be a critical part of the team, creating UX prototypes in Figma, translating user feedback into game assets, and working with engineering to ensure your final designs go live in the product.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll champion and drive the design and creation of game UX/UI for all of our products.
- Develop a deep understanding of our target audiences and collaborate with other disciplines and stakeholders to ensure that UX/UI designs meet our unique needs and requirements.
- Create Figma mockups and prototypes that enable user testing and design iteration, and eventually serve as blueprints for implementation.
- Create the final art assets for implementation in the product, and (ideally) work in Unity to either implement or tune UI.
What We’re Looking For
- At least 5 years in a UI design role, with a mobile focus
- At least one shipped product
- Comfortable creating and iterating on prototype in Figma for small and large feature designs and product flows.
- Ability to work with industry standard 2D and 3D graphics applications (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.)
- Excellent graphic design skills (e.g. Design, layout, and typography)
- Proficient in Unity
- Ability to match different art styles and build a cohesive vision for the product moving forward
- Knowledgeable about current trends in visual communication and how best to adapt those trends into an interactive mobile experience
- Comfortable owning, driving, and wrangling multidisciplinary initiatives
- Patient and thorough communicator
- Willing evangelist for both good design and UX practices
- Highly conversant in mobile apps – especially games and digital health/lifestyle apps – and best/worst practices
Cash Compensation: $90,000 - $140,000 base salary plus additional incentive compensation
Benefits: Robust benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k + employer match, family/medical leave, group term life, Unlimited PTO and 20 paid holidays in 2023 and more.
At Akili, we are committed to:
- Be Bold - We are pioneers. We take risks, embrace discomfort, aim high, and act fearlessly. We break down barriers for our patients.
- Be Creative - We are inventors. Our success is dependent upon thinking beyond the status quo. We are extremely open-minded, take nothing for granted, and create unprecedented solutions for our patients.
- Be Inclusive - We hear ALL voices. We encourage all input, embracing our strengths and leveraging our differences, and treat each other (and our patients) with utmost respect.
- Be Accountable - We own it. We take responsibility for our own work and the success of our colleagues. We make, and keep our commitments. Our patients are counting on us to hold each other to the highest standard.
- Be Well -We improve lives. We are committed and obsessed with the health of our patients, employees, and ourselves. All in service of improving the well being of the world.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that under-represented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Akili we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this role or other opportunities at Akili Inc.
Akili Interactive Headquarters Location
Akili Interactive Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
Akili Interactive Founded Year
Akili Interactive Total Amount Raised
Akili Interactive Funding RoundsView funding details