Senior Test Engineer - ChiefView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Test Engineer
- Job Location
- New York, NY | Miami, FL | San Francisco, CA | Boston, MA | Washington DC | Los Angeles, CA | Remote Eligible (US based)
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Chief is on a mission to change the face of leadership. Launched in 2019, Chief provides senior executive women with a vetted community of peers, a trusted support system, and business critical insights to strengthen their leadership and magnify their influence. We have been named one of Fast Company's “Most Innovative Companies” — and you can read more about us in Inc. and Forbes.
Chief is a fast-growing, Series B stage start-up backed by CapitalG, General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures and other top-tier investors who believe in our vision to drive more women to the top and keep them there. We have members across the United States with flagship locations in NYC, LA, Chicago and SF.
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are in our DNA, guiding everything we do and how we work. Knowing that our people are the most important driver of our success, we focus on building teams where the power of diverse voices, identities, perspectives, and experiences is celebrated.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
Chief is seeking an experienced Senior Test Engineer to design and implement test plans and procedures for our suite of products for both Chief members and our internal teams. You will work closely with engineering, product, marketing, and other cross-functional teams to develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet the product needs.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the utilization and/or development of automation tools and scripts to improve product and engineering health.
- Develop test plans based on product excellence/test strategies. Lead test plan reviews with engineers and other stakeholders across teams.
- Define best practices, the test framework, test preconditions, and other test control and reporting functions to enable others to test functionality.
- Drive opportunities and lead efforts to improve existing test infrastructure or create new test infrastructure to increase efficiency and productivity in test case development, scheduling, or deployment.
- Participate in product design review with product managers, software engineers, and other stakeholders to contribute to product design, testability, and implementation.
- Develop and execute tests based on user stories, requirements or documentation of the enhancement against UI, service layer and backend logic for AWS cloud-based web applications and web API services
- Create, maintain, and execute automated tests using JavasScript/Typescript testing frameworks.
- Collaborate with engineers to ensure that unit tests are comprehensive and effective in verifying edge cases and expected functionality
- Construct SQL queries that configure test data as well as verify test results
- Collaborate with product to develop and analyze UAT requirements, prioritizing essential tests to integrate into our test suite and development pipeline.
- Research system problems, document and communicate findings. Interact closely with the project team and business contact throughout project lifecycle
- Utilize product knowledge to diagnose and resolve complex member issues in a timely manner, ultimately ensuring test coverage for recurrent bugs
- Define and track quality assurance metrics.
- Facilitate the rollout of new features by identifying and managing delivery risks, coordinating with internal teams to conduct user testing, and dispersing internal communication
What You’ve Done and Enjoy Doing:
- Experience testing functionality and UI of products and back-end services on web, iOS, and Android
- Experience in testing cloud-based web services
- Basic scripting experience using both web and mobile automation tools and an ability to solve basic programming problems
- Excellent problem solving skills and a love for technical challenges
- Excellent communicator and collaborator; able to work effectively with both technical and non-technical teams (written and verbal)
- You are a professional with a passion for technology and improving products
- You will conduct manual and automated software testing techniques and know when to apply the appropriate tools and techniques in a given scenario
- You will create and maintain functional and non-functional tests
- You have experience developing API automation scripts using Postman, Cypress, Jest, Detox or equivalent tools and technologies
- Work with scrum teams to establish and promote best practices, standards and processes for automation testing
- Leverage and expand your experience with functional and load testing APIs
- Help us create, maintain and improve our automated testing frameworks
- Determine priorities for test automation to balance operational efficiency with sufficient test coverage
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy and 4.5 day work weeks
- 20 weeks of paid gender neutral parental leave
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
- Wellness, Work from home and Learning Stipends
Chief Headquarters Location
New York, NY
Chief Company Size
Between 500 - 10,000 employees
Chief Founded Year
Chief Total Amount Raised
Chief Funding RoundsView funding details