Senior Specialist, Accounting - MongoDBView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Specialist, Accounting
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $138 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB continues to grow incredibly fast. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Sales Commissions Accounting Specialist to play a key role within MongoDB’s Sales Compensation team. This is the perfect opportunity to roll up your sleeves and have a positive impact at a hyper-growth company. In this high impact role, you will work closely with executives and internal functions including Sales, Sales Operations, Sales Analytics, Deal Desk, Business Systems, Finance and Accounting, and HR to improve and establish processes and systems for our next stage of growth. This will be a very hands-on role, reporting to the Accounting Manager, Sales Commissions and will help support the build out and ongoing administration of our sales incentive programs while overseeing the sales commission calculation and payout process.
We are looking to speak to candidates who are based in Gurugram Office for our hybrid working model.
The Impact You Will Have
- Work closely with Accounting Manager and other leaders to own global commission accrual process and related SOX controls
- Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, and schedules in accordance with US GAAP
- Partner with WW Commissions Team to compile and present monthly and quarterly accruals and KPI to senior leaders
- Perform monthly P&L and Balance Sheet flux analysis
- Work closely with Commissions, Sales Operations, Finance, Business Operations and other stakeholders to understand changes to policies or system enhancements
- Work closely with Accounting Manager to align on accounting and documentation of existing or new comp plans proposals
- Support Accounting Manager with month, quarter, and year end close
- Work with external and internal auditors to satisfy PBC requests
- Support various initiatives and ad hoc projects, including but not limited to development and improvement of processes or testing and implementation of new systems
Experience and Skills
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- 1-3 years of private or public company accounting with SOX
- CPA/Qualified to sit for CPA exam/interest in taking exams
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance/Economics with emphasis in Accounting preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft office and Google suite
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to collaborate across multiple departments
- Sensitive to deadlines and able to prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities
- Working knowledge of incentive plan structures (quotas, accelerators, pay mix, and on-target earnings) and systems
- Ability to work in a multifaceted and fast growth environment with changing priorities (Being a great teammate)
Nice to have
- Business systems knowledge such as Xactly, NetSuite and Floqast
- Experience in scaling processes from ground up to a highly optimized state
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, collaborative, and people skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to grow and think outside the box, identify problems or opportunities to improve upon existing processes and provide innovative solutions
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
"MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer."
MongoDB Headquarters Location
New York, NY
MongoDB Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
MongoDB Founded Year
MongoDB Total Amount Raised
MongoDB Funding RoundsView funding details