Senior Software Engineer (Ruby + AWS) - AcquiaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Software Engineer (Ruby + AWS)
- Job Location
- Pune, India
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia’s Cloud Data team owns a set of services that provide filesystem and database capabilities that are durable, secure, highly available, scalable, and fast, equally supporting enterprise-level production environments as well as managing any number of related development environments. Our products aim to require no real-time operational overhead, be able to scale to fit flexible performance and capacity needs, and be developed to support any hosting architecture.
- Design and develop features for next generation distributed, multi tenant, and scale out database cluster architecture
- Work in a DevOps focused team owning and operating the services you build in accordance with service level objectives.
- Build high volume, highly available services in Ruby utilizing the latest cloud based services from Amazon Web Services.
- Working in an Agile Scrum team building shippable product increments that meet the goals set by the Product Owners.
- Develop unit and automated integration tests that give the team confidence to deploy to production on a predictable cadence.
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle including development, automated test construction, deployment and operations.
- Be an active participant in Scrum ceremonies.
- Provide product support to internal and external stakeholders.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3+ years' relevant experience
- Executes projects effectively and efficiently
- Uses sound rationale for problem identification and decision-making
- Works in collaborative and supportive manner
- Strives to consistently achieve excellence in work delivered
- Strong software development skills, including paradigms and patterns
- Strong Ruby or comparable programming language experience (with a focus on product engineering, not just scripting)
- Strong Linux development fundamentals
- Strong cloud experience, AWS is a plus
- Professional Proficiency in delivering solutions that configure, optimize, and automate multi tenant distributed database solutions.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, and or AWS certification
- Good working knowledge of Ruby and Connect API patterns
- Familiarity with operating high volume, highly available AWS Aurora Setups.
- Open source contributor
- Drupal experience
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.
Acquia Headquarters Location
Acquia Company Size
Between 800 - 5,000 employees
Acquia Founded Year
Acquia Funding Rounds