Senior Software Engineer - Python - Veo RoboticsView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Software Engineer - Python
- Job Location
- Waltham, MA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Veo is building safety-critical systems leveraging advanced computer vision, robotics, and 3D sensing that will transform manufacturing. Our software engineering team is tasked with developing a high-performance multiprocessor computer vision system, an embedded application that interfaces with industrial robots for safety controls and monitoring, as well as an intuitive engineering application that is used to design and configure the system. You will be joining a software engineering team that has a diverse set of skills and lots of experience.
We’re looking for software engineers with both the creativity and the rigor needed to develop software that meets real-world reliability requirements.
- Develop production-quality python applications and daemons that will ship with Veo’s safety system and manufacturing software.
- Expand upon developer tooling written in Bash.
- Create design documents that effectively describe what you plan to build.
- Participate in a rigorous review process (code and design) to ensure all software developed at Veo meets our quality bar.
- Use Git to ensure commits are well-organized and traceable to our tracking system.
- Operate outside your area of direct expertise to solve hard problems with the rest of our cross-disciplinary team.
- Design, develop and maintain various software components and tools that interact with the Yocto project.
- Maintain the continuous integration infrastructure for a variety of software repositories and a custom Linux distribution built on top of OpenEmbedded.
- Someone with 5+ years of experience developing software in a production environment.
- Passionate about rigorous testing and validation practices because unit and automated integration testing is a core part of our development process in addition to manual testing
- Knowledgeable of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle.
- A first-principles thinker who can invent novel solutions to challenging technical problems.
- Experience with computer vision, robotics, or other types of sensors and hardware
- Experience packaging software for at least one Linux distribution (Red Hat, Ubuntu, Arch, Gentoo, etc)
- You have developed software for regulated environments such as functional safety or medical devices
- Experience with asyncio, aiohttp or PySide2
Veo Robotics Headquarters Location
Veo Robotics Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
Veo Robotics Founded Year
Veo Robotics Total Amount Raised
Veo Robotics Funding RoundsView funding details