Senior Software Engineer - Product Adoption - LobView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Software Engineer - Product Adoption
- Job Location
- United States - Remote
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable.
We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by some of the most reputable investors in tech, and we are building our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
As a proud Pledge 1% company, we’re committed to leveraging our product, partnerships, and people to drive positive social impact through Lob.org, and are on a mission to make direct mail more sustainable.
Product Adoption Engineer - Customer Experience
Lob automates direct mail for modern businesses. Since 2015, more than 10,000 companies have used Lob’s APIs to move faster and create new growth opportunities. We’re on a mission to connect the world one mailbox at a time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRJldjO4_IY
Now we’re looking for a stellar engineer to help kickstart our self-serve customer growth.
As the first Product Adoption engineer at Lob, you’ll be on the forefront of driving Lob’s self-serve customer growth, working on all aspects of the funnel around new user acquisition, onboarding, activation, retention, and self-serve customer monetization.
What you’ll do:
- As our first Product Adoption Engineer, you will lead our technical efforts to acquire and onboard users, and convert them to paying subscribers.
- As the first engineer focusing on this area, you will be expected to own the full Product Adoption engineering cycle for this team around ideation, design, building/testing, deployment and analysis.
- You’ll work directly with our Director of Product for this initiative, but would reside in our core/campaigns engineering team to assist with any on-call items that may arise.
- You will be expected to still work cross-functionally with our product, engineering, marketing, design, and data teams for any collaboration and alignment.
- Proactively sift through data to identify and prioritize growth opportunities and bets you believe will move the needle
- Work closely with our data teams to ensure we have the right data infrastructure in place to make sound decisions, and can roll up your sleeves to implement changes to data tagging as needed.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience working with and implementing data tagging for web applications and apis across systems such as Amplitude, Segment, Google Analytics, Looker, and/or equivalent.
- Willingness to try new things, fail and learn fast, and iterate quickly. We aren’t looking for the “perfect solution,” but rather solutions that can solve our current hypotheses.
- Previous experience in experimentation and A/B testing to optimize features and flows to enhance the user experience
- A problem solver who is excited by new challenges and regularly coming up with new ideas towards high-impact growth levers
- Excellent written, verbal, and storytelling skills. We’re a collaborative bunch!
(Tier 2) = LA/Orange County/NYC Metro Area
(Tier 3) = San Diego
Base: $132,000 - $140,000
(Tier 4) = Colorado
Base: $125,000 - $140,000
(Tier 5) = Other US Based geographic areas 120+ miles from one of the above mentioned geo’s
$118,000 - $132,000
“Lob’s salary ranges are based on market data, relative to our size, industry and stage of growth. Salary is one part of total compensation, which also includes equity, perks and competitive benefits. Salary decisions are based on many factors including geographic location, qualifications for the role, skillset, proficiency and experience level. Lob reasonably expects to pay candidates who are offered roles within the provided salary ranges.”
We offer remote working opportunities in AZ, CA, CO, DC, GA, IA, IL, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NH, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, WA
If you are looking for a progressive, fun-spirited, and mentally stimulating environment, come join us at Lob!
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
BuiltIn Best Midsize Companies to Work For 2022
#86 on Y Combinator's Top Private Companies List 2021
BuiltIn Best Midsize Companies to Work For 2021
2020 Inc 5000 List of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies
2019 Timmy Awards - Best Tech Workplace for Diversity, Community Favorite in the Bay Area
Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500
Lob Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Lob Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Lob Founded Year
Lob Total Amount Raised
Lob Funding RoundsView funding details