Senior Software Engineer (Node.JS) - MixMaxView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Software Engineer (Node.JS)
- Job Location
- Job Description
Mixmax is the #1 product helping Revenue teams to become automatically proactive by eliminating busywork for a flawless customer experience.
We’re hiring product-focused software engineers with deep backend expertise and strong attention to detail. As a Backend Engineer, you’ll build the next generation of Mixmax features, scale distributed systems to handle millions of events, and drive quality across a large codebase, all as part of a globally distributed team. You'll also be responsible for improving and strengthening the foundation of our system, improving our team's developer experience, addressing our organizational security needs, and participating in collaborative decision-making about our architecture.
This role can be based anywhere in Europe or LATAM. Most of the team is in CET time zone. We are unable to hire in the USA at present.
Mixmax has 4 cross-functional product teams in charge of developing reliable, robust, bug-free, cost effective solutions focused on Business goals.
Those teams have dedicated Engineering Managers, Product Managers, Designers and Frontend/Backend Engineers.
There are also enablement teams helping to achieve high performing standards as Platform, UX, QA or Data.
We are hiring a Senior Backend Engineer for the Communicate team:
Team Communicate is a cross-functional product team that is responsible for communication within Mixmax (Dialer, SMS, Calendar, Tasks).
The current composition of the team is 4 senior developers, a dedicated product manager, a dedicated engineering manager, and a designer and QA, both shared with another team. Being a distributed team, we try to work asynchronously, with only a few team meetings during the week (refinement, planning, retrospective, etc). We mainly use Jira and Slack to communicate, and our tech stack is Node (mostly TypeScript), DynamoDB, MongoDB, React and AWS.
Within Three Months, You'll
- Work with Node, Elasticsearch, Terraform, Redis, and AWS;
- Make impactful improvements to our production infrastructure; and
- Demo your first new feature to the entire company!
Within Six Months, You'll
- Contribute to the development of critical projects while working closely with other engineers;
- Work with your team to improve our architectural patterns, scalability, and developer experience; and
- Contribute to the culture of a growing team.
Preferred Skills and Background
- Mixmax is still growing fast, so we love new teammates who strive to grow personally and professionally, beyond just expanding their technical abilities.
- We take pride in the quality of our work, so we're looking for engineers with experience maintaining and supporting the systems they've built.
- We're a distributed team working in multiple time zones, so excellent documentation and communication skills are paramount!
It’s Also Awesome (But 100% Not a Requirement!) For You To Have
- Worked in a distributed codebase with microservices and shared modules;
- Familiarity with secondary tools in our tech stack, like Elasticsearch or Redis;
- Worked on a Salesforce integration; and/or
- The ability to refer other great engineers to come work at Mixmax! 😉
MixMax Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
MixMax Company Size
Between 50 - 100 employees
MixMax Founded Year
MixMax Total Amount Raised
MixMax Funding RoundsView funding details