Senior Software Engineer, .NET/C# - MongoDBView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Software Engineer, .NET/C#
- Job Location
- Remote Canada
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $138 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Our Database Experience (DBX) Team
A great MongoDB experience starts with great tools.
The Database Experience team builds the libraries and tools that developers use day-to-day working with MongoDB. Our mission is to increase developer adoption, satisfaction and retention by providing a reliable, enjoyable interface for developers and other end-users.
Our senior engineers are typically specialists in a particular programming language, but are capable of contributing to projects in other languages as well.
For this role, we're looking for someone who enjoys designing, writing, and supporting open source libraries for developers using MongoDB and who is passionate about increasing the use of MongoDB within the .NET/C# community.
This role is based remotely in Canada.
You might be right for this role if you…
- Have 4+ years of experience working on software or software systems
- Have substantial, demonstrable experience writing high-quality software in C#
- Advocate for testing and agile development best practices
- Can make pragmatic design tradeoffs while balancing features, maintainability, and delivery time
- Communicate well, internally and externally, both in writing and face-to-face
- Elevate the skills and expertise of those around you
- Are excited about open source software development and communities
- Are excited by our mission and values
You'll be on a team responsible for…
- .NET/C# Driver for MongoDB
- MongoDB Analyzer
- Contributions to the third-party open source libraries that we depend on
- Testing, delivering, and supporting our libraries and tools across multiple operating systems and versions of MongoDB
You'll have responsibilities beyond just code, including…
- Working with our Product and Server teams on designs and specifications for new customer-facing MongoDB features
- Investigating bugs and support requests from commercial and open source customers for the libraries you maintain
- Seeking out speaking or writing opportunities to engage with our developer community
- Mentoring junior engineers in both technical and non-technical professional skills
Success in this role means…
- Within three months, you will be contributing effectively day-to-day, fixing bugs, and implementing already-planned features
- Within six months, you will contribute to the roadmap for our products and lead the design and specification of new features. You will have the trust of the team and our internal customers
- Within a year, you will have significantly improved the quality, performance and maintainability of our codebase, and will be taking the lead in designing new features to solve novel customer challenges
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.
MongoDB Headquarters Location
New York, NY
MongoDB Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
MongoDB Founded Year
MongoDB Total Amount Raised
MongoDB Funding RoundsView funding details