Senior Software Engineer (Golang + AWS) - AcquiaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Software Engineer (Golang + AWS)
- Job Location
- Pune, India
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Role: Senior Software Engineer, Entitlements and Provisioning
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
About the team you will be on…
The Customer Experience Engineering team is growing and we are looking for passionate engineers who want to build the next generation of tools for Acquia’s biggest customers. This highly functioning and fast-paced team is responsible for managing Entitlement and Provisioning workflows with a great focus on automation, testing and performance.
As the Staff Software Engineer, you will…
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with front end engineers, infrastructure engineers, and product management.
- Design and develop performant, message-oriented applications and APIs using Go, PHP, and/or other modern programming languages.
- Contribute to system architecture discussions, lead projects, mentor junior team members, and deliver high quality, tested code.
- Design and develop features that will continue to evolve the internal APIs at Acquia.
- Work in a DevOps focused team owning and operating the services you create in accordance with service level objectives you define.
- Work in an Agile Scrum team building shippable product increments that meet the goals set by the Product team.
- Design and develop unit and system tests that give the team confidence to deploy to production multiple times per day.
- Produce comprehensive software documentation for internal teams and stakeholders.
- Provide product support to internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Executes projects effectively and efficiently as a leader on teams
- Use sound rationale for problem identification and decision making, and can transfer that knowledge to other engineers on the team.
- Want to work in a collaborative and supportive manner with not only your team but internal stakeholders as well.
- Strive to consistently achieve excellence not only for yourself, but for your teammates.
- Passionate about creating and maintaining high quality software with test-driven development, continuous refactoring and an eye for simplicity.
- Experienced developing production services in multiple programming languages
- 5+ years hands on software development experience including designing, building, deploying, troubleshooting, and maintaining highly scalable and fault tolerant data pipelines and microservices
What you’ll need to be successful…
- 5+ years of experience with Go (Show us your GitHub profile).
- 2+ Experience with running and managing Go applications running in serverless environments.
- 3+ years of experience with various AWS services (SQS, SNS, Lambda, EC2, Kinesis, RDS and API Gateway).
- Experience with configuration and management of AWS resources using Terraform
- Experience with object-oriented programming and software design patterns.
- Experience working in Agile and continuous delivery environments.
- Experience with modern CI/CD tooling, as well experience writing unit and system tests.
- Experience designing and developing large-scale, distributed applications and systems.
- Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs and familiarity with networking protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, HTTP/2, and WebSocket.
- Familiarity with container-based application deployment using Docker or similar runtimes and orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially transforming product requirements into development plans.
Extra credit if you have…
- Experience with Design by Contract, Domain-Driven Design and CQRS (Nice to have)
- Experience with additional programming languages.
- Experience with PHP, Drupal, Symfony, Laravel or other application frameworks.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Acquia Headquarters Location
Acquia Company Size
Between 800 - 5,000 employees
Acquia Founded Year
Acquia Funding Rounds