Senior Software Engineer - Fullstack - Sempre HealthView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Software Engineer - Fullstack
- Job Location
- Remote - U.S.
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
When you take your prescribed medication as recommended, your health improves.
When you improve your health, the health plan saves on medical expenses.
When you pick up your medication, pharma sells more of their product.
Sempre aligns patients, health plans, and pharma to address medication adherence. We do this through a behavioral economics based dynamic discount paired with text message reminders that give you a greater discount when you fill your medication on time (slightly less when you fill late). Patients receive texts like, "If you pick up your medication by Sunday you'll pay $20. If you wait until next week, this goes up to $30." Then, wherever they fill, Sempre's integrations with the pharmacy switch, ensure they get the right price.
Sempre works with leading national health plans as well as some of the largest pharmaceutical companies. Sempre has raised capital from Social Capital, Rethink Impact, and Blue Venture Fund, which represents the 35 Blue Cross Blue Shield health plans across the country.
WHY WORK HERE?
Tens of thousands of patients are actively using Sempre Health to afford life-changing prescriptions. As our seventh engineer, you’ll be critical in scaling that number to hundreds of thousands, while simultaneously having outsized autonomy and impact on product, process, and most importantly our patients. You will work cross-functionally with patient operations, data science, and business development teams to design new products and features from scratch, get team buy-in, and deploy changes that significantly affect the growth and revenue of Sempre. You will work in a quick-moving agile environment with daily, personal interaction with the CTO and no need to deal with corporate bureaucracy to get your job done.
WHAT YOU'LL WORK ON
You’ll work primarily on our backend python services and data infrastructure with occasional full-stack work on React web apps. Project areas include:
- The code and architecture powering Alex, our domain-specific GUI flow control system used to create and edit personalized patient communication flows without any engineering resources
- The code and architecture behind our incentive-based pricing algorithm to calculate the optimal price for each patient and integrate with the US pharmacy switch to deliver that price to any pharmacy in the country
- The code and architecture to scale our data import capabilities which currently deals with hundreds of thousands of patients’ data and millions of pieces of pharmacy fill data sent to us by our health-plan partners every week.
- The code and architecture behind our in-house web app command center for patient management which allows us to prioritize interventions for the most at-risk patients, visualize a patient’s journey with Sempre, and communicate with patients over multiple channels (SMS, email, voice)
WHO YOU ARE
- 4+ years of backend/full-stack engineering experience
- Excellent team player, comfortable with ambiguity, curious
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience building and operating live, production systems
- Excited to work with a small team
Sempre Health pays all employees, regardless of location, SF Bay Area salaries. We benchmark pay against private companies with comparable funding, valuation, and/or revenue. As a remote-first company we want you to be able to work from any state you'd like and receive the same pay you would if you worked out of our SF office. Ultimately, we will make you a competitive offer within the range below commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
Senior Software Engineer I: $153,000-$170,000-$187,000
Senior Software Engineer II: $168,000-$187,000-$205,000
WHAT WE OFFER
- A values-driven culture (“we put patients first” is at the heart of everything we do)
- A remote-first workplace that doesn’t sacrifice team connectedness
- Stock option grants so you share in the success of the company
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Generous vacation and parental leave benefits
- Home office setup allowance, plus monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Wellness stipend (use it for the gym, a massage, whatever you need!)
- On-demand learning with Udemy to support your career development
- 401k retirement savings
- Virtual happy hours and other social events
Sempre Health is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
Sempre Health Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Sempre Health Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
Sempre Health Founded Year
Sempre Health Total Amount Raised
Sempre Health Funding RoundsView funding details