Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) - BrightcoveView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack)
- Job Location
- US Remote
- Job Description
Brightcove manages and distributes over a hundred million videos and adds hundreds of thousands to that catalog every day. That’s no surprise given the explosive growth of online video but managing that content presents a huge challenge for our clients. To help solve this problem, we're looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to help us grow our Studio team.
The Studio is a set of web-based productivity applications to upload and manage video for Brightcove publishers. Our team consists of a wide range of technical skills across the stack from a front-end UX focus to deep into server-side and operations. Apply today to learn more!
- Develop and deploy web-based applications.
- Provide operational support for Brightcove applications.
- Work in an agile environment with a team of engineers to create new products and services and enhance existing solutions and workflows.
- Oversee technical aspects of large enterprise level projects.
- Provide technical insight during planning of cross functional application development.
- Develop clean, high-quality code and automated tests to verify its operation.
- Work in a full-stack development environment.
- 2+ years of experience working with React.
- 2+ years of experience working with Node, Express, & Mongo.
- 1+ years developing containerized, self-scaling backend infrastructure.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment infrastructure for web applications and services.
- Familiarity with Linux, basic SaaS security, REST, and API design.
- Experience in developing and deploying scalable web-based applications.
- Strong interest in working on a product for which UI (and overall user experience) is a big component and focus.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other software engineers, user experience designers, product/program managers, and engineering leadership.
- Ability to set and maintain high standards of quality and customer value.
- Experience with Agile methodologies
Please note, we support 100% remote work for applicants who reside in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.
WORKING AT BRIGHTCOVE
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success.
Brightcove offers a variety of perks dependent upon where you live, such as competitive compensation, restricted stock units, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO, and more! Brightcove has brand new office space in downtown Boston, Guadalajara (Mexico), and soon London. We have more offices in Funchal (Portugal), Tokyo (Japan), Singapore, Sydney (Australia), Mumbai and Chennai (India). Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities in any of our 14 offices globally.
We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Brightcove embraces diversity and seeks candidates who support persons of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply. If you need any accommodations for your interview, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a global provider of streaming services, Brightcove operates and has employees in countries around the world. Brightcove complies with all applicable U.S. pay transparency and disclosure requirements.
Brightcove Headquarters Location
Brightcove Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
Brightcove Founded Year
Brightcove Total Amount Raised
Brightcove Funding RoundsView funding details
Post Ipo Equity
Post Ipo Equity