Senior Software Engineer, Front End - First ResonanceView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Software Engineer, Front End
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
We're looking for a full-time Senior Software Engineer, Front End to join us in our mission of bringing the ion Factory OS to next-generation hardware builders around the globe. Our newest recruit will join the First Resonance team full-time in Los Angeles, CA (HQ in Downtown) and become foundational members of the First Resonance product team.
Are you excited by the opportunity to assist manufacturers working on eVTOLS, rockets, robots, and autonomous vehicles? The most important characteristic of our product team is their interest and eagerness to support companies that are tackling some of society’s greatest challenges such as climate change, space exploration, and autonomous transportation.
With this role, you will join a diverse product team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. We pride ourselves on being fast learners, quick-thinkers, and agile executors. While a spur-of-the-moment ping pong tournament is occasionally required, our number one priority is always assisting our ion customers with our manufacturing platform. If you want to play a key role in the future of hardware and Industry 4.0, come join us!
Responsibilities & Duties
- Translate product specifications, designs, and wireframes into high-quality code
- Develop well-tested, GraphQL mutations and queries to expose the underlying data models
- Develop well-tested, user-facing features using React
- Optimize components for maximum performance across devices and browsers
- Conduct code reviews
- Document software architecture, best practices, commonly used patterns, etc.
- Lead developers by clarifying, blocking, and tackling product and engineering requirements
- Maintain a high-quality UX using innovative real-time and performance technologies
This role may be a fit for you if you enjoy solving problems with resourceful thinking, collaborating across departments, and flexing your creative muscle.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Experience developing and consuming GraphQL APIs
- Thorough understanding of React and its core principles
- Experience with popular React state management workflows
- Experience with unit testing and integration test frameworks (Frontend: Jest & Cypress)
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools (Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.)
- Familiar with Relational Databases and Object Relational Mapping libraries (preferably Postgres and SQLAlchemy)
- Experience with version control via Git/GitHub
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token (JWT)
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Experience leading technical teams
- Experience using Apollo Client
- Experience using Postgres & SQLAlchemy
- Has built production-grade software systems used by others
- Experience working with product design and UI/UX experts
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools
- Experience building enterprise applications
Benefits & Perks
- Health Insurance; medical, vision, dental, & life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Compensation and Stock Option Plan
- Team outings, group lunches, an open office, happy hours
- Paid holidays, sick days
- Flexible work schedule (Hybrid Available)
- 401K (coming this Fall 2022)
First Resonance is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
JOIN THE TEAM AND INSPIRE THE WORK
First Resonance accelerates the speed and reliability of hardware development for companies manufacturing the next generation of hardware products. This includes electric airplanes, autonomous vehicles, robotics, and more. We are a group of software, hardware, and manufacturing engineers that are bringing the best of modern UX and data science to an industry that has been overly rigid in its innovation. We are removing the barriers preventing radical advancement by providing tools to manufacturing engineers and operators to move information more freely, collaborate with their teams more easily, and use the power of data to predict problems and provide insights that result in better hardware quality and delivery.
First Resonance Headquarters Location
Los Angeles, CA
First Resonance Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
First Resonance Founded Year
First Resonance Total Amount Raised
First Resonance Funding RoundsView funding details