Senior Software Engineer, Foundations - ChimeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Software Engineer, Foundations
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; Vancouver, BC; United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
About the role
Chime is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build our new financial platform that will serve as the backbone for Chime. This platform will power the most important financial activities that millions of Chime members undertake every day.
In this role, you will partner with security and other engineering teams across Chime to implement features that protect services, tools, and infrastructure of the Financial Platform. You will be part of the Foundation team which is responsible for the fundamental technology building blocks such as tools, libraries, and services that directly support product delivery.
You will ensure that we build the highest levels of trust with our members by making our platform lightning fast, available, secure, and auditable. This is a phenomenal opportunity to be a part of a high-visibility team that will be pivotal to the future of Chime.
For Colorado-based roles: In accordance with applicable law, this role has an annual starting salary of $180,000 plus bonus, a competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual pay may be higher depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role you can expect to
- Build security features that protect the services and infrastructure of the Financial Platform
- Collaborate with other teams to design, develop, test, and deploy tools, libraries, and services to solve cross-cutting problems
- Enable fellow engineers to develop faster and more efficiently
- Lead best practices to promote the culture of engineering excellence
- Work with our infrastructure engineering team to implement security policies and standards to keep cloud resources secure
To thrive in this role you
- Hold 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Have built and managed complex software in Golang or other backend languages
- Have designed and implemented security features such as PKI, SSO, ACL, mTLS, etc
- Have curiosity about how systems work and a strong desire to learn
- Have designed, developed, and supported large-scale distributed systems
- Have experience in observability and monitoring of production systems
- Have a deep understanding of architectural patterns of large, critical production services
- Are comfortable solving difficult problems that are not well defined and thrive in an environment that requires iterative thinking
- Take a detailed approach towards testing code and have worked in continuous integration/deployment environments.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms, operating Kubernetes in production environments
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.
Chime requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and boosted if eligible) against COVID-19 in order to work in one of its offices, join Company-sponsored activities, or travel for business purposes. This job may require periodic office attendance and/or business travel and therefore candidates will need to be eligible for these activities by their start date.
Chime Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Chime Company Size
Between 1,000 - 2,000 employees
Chime Founded Year
Chime Total Amount Raised
Chime Funding RoundsView funding details