Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform - NuroView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform
- Job Location
- Mountain View, California (HQ)
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Who We Are
Nuro exists to better everyday life through robotics. The company’s custom electric autonomous vehicles are designed to bring the things you need—from produce to prescriptions—right to your home. Nuro’s autonomous, goods-focused solution can give you valuable time back and more freedom to do what you love. This convenient, eco-friendly alternative to driving has the potential to make streets safer and cities more livable.
About the Role
The Data platform provides end-to-end data management at Nuro, from data acquisition to data consumption and visualization. We build software and tools to offload large amounts of raw autonomy data in batches, transform data for different use cases, and visualize key company metrics; we build a centralized metadata store to facilitate autonomy development and validation, providing important datasets that are critical to downstream applications; we develop interactive dashboards for users to consume our core autonomy data and make rapid progress to put the vehicles on public road.
About the Work
- Design, develop, and scale batch log offloading for R&D and production fleet operations
- Provide centralized robotics data management, services, tools, and APIs for data-intensive autonomy and product applications
- Manage end-to-end data generation & consumption from onboard bots to offboard applications, and define best practices and metrics for data ingestion, ETL, and processing
- Design and develop unified, introspectable, large-scale batch and streaming data processing systems that can ingest and process data across a wide range of use cases relevant to AV development
- Develop continuous testing and validation systems to ensure the robustness of our data and data architectures
- Domain experience: Experience working with large scale data and building scalable & reliable systems / data pipelines; ability to understand and design complex systems
- Engineering leadership: Experience setting team or project product and technical vision, timelines and prioritization; formally or informally being a Tech Lead, mentoring and support junior engineers
- Technical excellence: Ability and willingness to deep dive into implementation, driving technical standards and best practices across broader software organization
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related field
- Strong proficiency in Python, C++, or similar languages
- Knowledge of data engineering, and its tooling and best practices
- Knowledge of batch and streaming data processing, warehousing, and analytics solutions
- Experience working with large scale distributed data systems
- Experience with system & framework design
- Experience with data workflow orchestration platforms
At Nuro, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. For this position, the reasonably expected pay range is between $167,200 and $250,800/year for the level at which this job has been scoped. Your base pay will depend on several factors, including your experience, qualifications, education, location, and skills. In the event that you are considered for a different level, a higher or lower pay range would apply. This position is also eligible for an annual performance bonus, equity, and a competitive benefits package.
At Nuro, we celebrate differences and are committed to a diverse workplace that fosters inclusion and psychological safety for all employees. Nuro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible to start the role. Proof of vaccination will be required by your start date. Nuro will consider and review accommodation requests based on medical, religious, or other grounds as required by applicable law for qualified candidates.
Nuro Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
Nuro Company Size
Between 1,000 - 2,000 employees
Nuro Founded Year
Nuro Funding RoundsView funding details