Senior Software Engineer, Canton - Digital AssetView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Software Engineer, Canton
- Job Location
- London, Zurich
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
About Digital Asset
Digital Asset (digitalasset.com) is a leading provider of distributed ledger technology (DLT) that solves real-world business challenges. We combine deep industry expertise with scalable technology, including a distributed ledger platform and an intuitive smart contract language originally developed by Digital Asset, called Daml (daml.com). Digital Asset enables financial institutions and organizations across a variety of industries to bring efficient, modern and scalable DLT systems into production.
We work with some of the world’s largest companies, to build scalable and flexible systems that streamline business operations. Digital Asset is a global company with offices in New York, London, Budapest, Zurich, Hong Kong, and Sydney.
As we grow our team, we will maintain the dynamic, collaborative and pragmatic way of working that has grounded our efforts from the beginning. If you seek to develop solutions others are yet to contemplate, this opportunity may be right for you.
The estimated salary range for this role, based in our New York City office, is $135,000 to $185,000. The range may vary if based outside the New York tri-state area (New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut). Base salaries are determined during our interview process, during which we assess the candidate's experience, skills and capabilities against internal peers and the scope and responsibilities of the position.
About the Canton Team
The Canton team develops a system based on a novel distributed ledger synchronization protocol called Canton (https://www.digitalasset.com/developers) that provides secure synchronization of multi-party business workflows based on the Daml. Think of Canton as a distributed database over untrusted replicas with Daml governing authorization and data confidentiality.
About this role
As a software engineer in the Canton team you have the unique opportunity to work on groundbreaking and security critical technology while also tackling the production challenges of such a system for demanding use cases in fields such as healthcare, supply chain and the financial industry. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Design, implement, and deliver new features of Canton.
- Analyze, harden and test the system to satisfy the production requirements.
- Write code mostly in Scala, test it thoroughly and document its features for users.
- Follow a collaborative approach that fosters, embraces, and insists upon diverse perspectives. We are a powerful team where everyone pulls more than their weight, where everyone matters and all opinions are valuable.
- You are an experienced polyglot software engineer as demonstrated by your open-source projects or your industrial experience.
- You are experienced with the deployment and operations aspects of the software you write (monitoring, loggings, metrics, cloud deployments, docker, etc.)
- You take pride in seeing customers running your code in production.
- You enjoy working in a team and collaborating with others.
- Master’s degree or PhD in computer science or a related discipline; or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- You have written production code in Scala.
- You have a solid background in distributed systems.
- You have worked on a product that customers ran for mission-critical use cases.
Connect With Us
This is a rare opportunity to help define an industry and join a dynamic team of technology innovators.
Digital Asset is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Applicants with disabilities who require accommodation should contact email@example.com.
Digital Asset Headquarters Location
New York, NY
Digital Asset Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Digital Asset Founded Year
Digital Asset Total Amount Raised
Digital Asset Funding RoundsView funding details