Senior Software Engineer, C++ Prediction - LatitudeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Software Engineer, C++ Prediction
- Job Location
- Pittsburgh, PA, Palo Alto, CA, Detroit, MI
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Latitude AI (lat.ai) is an automated driving technology company developing a hands-free, eyes-off driver assist system for next-generation Ford vehicles at scale. We’re driven by the opportunity to reimagine what it’s like to drive and make travel safer, less stressful, and more enjoyable for everyone.
When you join the Latitude team, you’ll work alongside leading experts across machine learning and robotics, cloud platforms, mapping, sensors and compute systems, test operations, systems and safety engineering – all dedicated to making a real, positive impact on the driving experience for millions of people.
As a Ford Motor Company subsidiary, we operate independently to develop automated driving technology at the speed of a technology startup. Latitude is headquartered in Pittsburgh with engineering centers in Dearborn, Mich., and Palo Alto, Calif.
Meet the team:
The Latitude AI Prediction team is responsible for designing and building systems that allow an autonomous vehicle to understand the current scene around it and to predict how the scene will evolve in the future. The Prediction team analyzes the output generated by the perception teams and anticipates the likely intents and future trajectories of nearby objects so our vehicle can make safe and comfortable driving decisions. The team focuses on deploying SOTA algorithms in limited compute environments.
You will play a key role in improving the quality and safety of the autonomy system by enabling it to reason about uncertainty, agent intentions, and their future behavior. You will be designing, implementing, and tuning probabilistic algorithms and machine-learned models to infer actor behaviors and forecast where and how they will travel in the near-future.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement algorithms and models for predicting the future behavior of other traffic participants in real time
- Measure the statistical properties and quality of predictions
- Build a system that safely handles nominal and out-of-distribution driving events
- Evaluate and verify the system's performance on real-world and simulated data
- Improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews
- Collaborate across different teams to jointly achieve objectives in improving system performance
- Monitor system performance and ensure designs and implementation stay within resource constraints
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field and 4+ years of relevant experience (or Master's degree and 2+ years of relevant experience, or PhD)
- Strong knowledge of C++ including good software design skills and experience with Python
- Knowledgeable in areas pertaining to probabilistic inference and prediction such as probability theory and statistics, Bayesian inference, machine learning for classification and regression, time series forecasting, and generative or variational models
- Willingness to dive into anything, but know when to ask for cross team collaboration
- Industry experience writing production-quality, performance-critical code, and maintaining large codebases is desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health savings account with available employer match
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- 15 paid holidays
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks for onsite employees
- Pre-tax spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Adoption/Surrogacy support program
- Backup child and elder care program
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Learn more about Latitude’s team, mission and career opportunities at lat.ai!
The expected base salary range for this full-time position in California is $152,320 - $209,440 USD. Actual starting pay will be based on job-related factors, including exact work location, experience, relevant training and education, and skill level. Latitude employees are also eligible to participate in Latitude’s annual bonus programs, equity compensation, and generous Company benefits program, subject to eligibility requirements.
Candidates for positions with Latitude AI must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Latitude Headquarters Location
Latitude Company Size
Between 5 - 20 employees
Latitude Founded Year
Latitude Total Amount Raised
Latitude Funding RoundsView funding details