Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Membership) - AffirmView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Membership)
- Job Location
- Remote US
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
The Membership team’s mission is to provide consistent, reliable, and extensible interfaces for managing Affirm user accounts and for dependent services to read and write user data.
You’ll be helping Affirm scale by building our Members Service, a foundational building block for defining, retrieving, and persisting user data from across all of Affirm’s products and services. Our team is growing and looking for a Software Engineer to help build a unified platform for our millions of users accounts. Come join us!
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement large scale and low latency services, elegant abstractions, shareable libraries, and robust APIs
- Lead and execute large scale projects collaborating with other engineers and cross functional teams
- Look for ways to improve the end-to-end experience for developers working on our services
- Partner with internal engineering teams to develop consistent and scalable solutions in order to allow every one of our products to confidently know who it’s serving
- Collaborate with other product and fullstack engineering teams to help identify, remediate, and prevent issues & risk
- Extend our member service to be more configurable, reliable, and performant
- Take an active role in mentoring junior engineers, and the processes that support team growth and efficiency
What We Look For
- Strong technical background in backend software development
- Experience building scalable distributed backend services (SOA and/or platform engineering)
- Experience designing and building complex systems
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- Passion and drive to change consumer lending for the better!
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA30
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
[For U.S. Candidates] All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account. The grade for this position is noted above and in accordance with various U.S. pay transparency laws, we provide the base pay range and benefits for our U.S.-based positions in the links below:If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.Inclusivity:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Affirm Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Affirm Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Affirm Founded Year
Affirm Funding Rounds