Senior Software Engineer, Backend - ActionIQView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Software Engineer, Backend
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
What You’ll Be a Part Of:
ActionIQ brings order to Customer Experience (CX) chaos. Our CX Hub empowers everyone to be a CX champion by giving business teams the freedom to explore and take action on customer data, while helping technical teams regain control of where data lives and how it is used. We are backed by top-tier VCs Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, and First Mark Capital. Enterprise brands such as Autodesk, Bloomberg, Morgan Stanley, The Washington Post, Hertz, Atlassian and many more use our CX Hub to achieve growth through extraordinary customer experiences.
Join the AIQ Backend Engineering Team:
The backend engineering team at ActionIQ plays a critical role in building and operating our big-data platform and core product offering. We develop the Scala code base used by our low-latency, high-throughput, reliable backend APIs and ETL processes to support a growing feature set. You’ll work in all areas of the software development life cycle to launch new features and improve and refactor our backend systems. As a senior member of the team, you’ll mentor junior engineers, make well-reasoned tech vs. product trade-offs, and work collaboratively across teams to deliver and support a quality product and platform which ingest, models, queries, and exports multiple terabytes of streaming and batch data every day.
One year from now you will have:
- Launched several new microservice APIs to improve the functionality and performance of the AIQ platform.
- Influenced the adoption of new technologies, tools, libraries, and structuring code to improve the efficiency and quality of our codebase.
- Worked closely with others engineering teams, product managers, and architects to collaboratively drive change in our product and platform.
- Solved challenging problems in how our platform operates, extends its feature set, and scales to handle even more data and queries, while improving quality and reliability.
- Enjoyed many company sponsored Thursday lunches around NYC with coworkers from across the company.
- Deliver high-quality, maintainability code
- Operationally ensure services meet uptime and availability SLAs
- Work with others to break down projects into smaller units of work with intermediate milestones
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and architects to design and implement features and improvements throughout multiple areas of the product.
- Mentor junior engineers and interns with a growth mindset
What You Bring:
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Lead the implementation of a large product feature or infrastructure changes
- Excited to work in a team environment with other engineers and product managers
- A positive attitude and an open mind to making trade-offs when solving challenges in a complex operating environment
This role can be fully remote (US based) or in our NYC HQ.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Our competitive compensation package includes base salary, stock options, and generous benefits.
- The salary range for this role is: $166,500 - $210,000.
- Top-notch health insurance benefits, including 12-weeks paid parental leave.
- Work with a fun, inclusive, and smart team of people as we build a New York City based enterprise software company.
- We have a beautiful office right on Madison Square Park, and our NYC-based employees come into the office three days a week. Office perks include catered lunches, a stocked kitchen with beverages and snacks, and monthly social hours.
- Check out this blog post to learn about the new AIQ CX Hub - the next chapter for us, our customers and the future of customer experience.
ActionIQ is committed to building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse organization. We embrace equal opportunity for all applicants and seek to foster a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. AIQ welcomes qualified applicants of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background. Join us on our journey to build a product that will help our customers deliver memorable experiences that will drive loyalty and growth
ActionIQ Headquarters Location
New York, NY
ActionIQ Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
ActionIQ Founded Year
ActionIQ Total Amount Raised
ActionIQ Funding RoundsView funding details