Senior Social Strategist - The ManyView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Social Strategist
- Job Location
- Los Angeles (Hybrid)
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
About The Many
The Many is an internationally-awarded, integrated, independent advertising agency that believes progress is only achieved when we challenge what’s comfortable. Its offices overlook the Pacific Ocean in Los Angeles and the Atlantic in Boston, yet its team spans the globe with a virtual-first work culture that taps the best talent, regardless of location. The agency applies a diversity of thought, people and disciplines to its work, which ranges from integrated campaigns and breakthrough design, to social movements and world record-setting activations. Rounding out its services, the media and analytics group uses data-driven decision making to ensure effective results regardless of the output.
In 2020, The Many made the shortlist for Campaign US Agency of the Year, and has also been recognized as one of Adweek’s Fastest Growing Agencies and Ad Age Small Agency of the Year, three times. Its work has won at Cannes, One Show, Shorty Awards, Clio Awards, LIA, D&AD, Andys, and PromaxBDA. For more information visit TheMany.com and follow @TheManyAgency on Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Are you curious about why people do the things they do? What inspires them, motivates them, meets their needs and makes them happy?
Do you love how users on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and the rest create and drive culture that spills into--and even takes over--the mainstream?
Do you view the media and marketing industries through the lens of “what comes next?”
The Many is seeking a Senior Social Strategist to join our rapidly growing department and help lead new thinking, inspire our teams, and guide our clients in the digital & social space.
- Own social strategy & innovation at the campaign-planning level
- Informs quarterly planning in collaboration with Social Strategy Director
- Informs brand planning and data strategy in collaboration with those disciplines
- Helps to write (and in some cases own) creative briefs that not only lead to great work, but have the potential to earn media and break through in culture
- Master of the content calendar, helping to plan our activities to maximize impact, and ensure a flawless execution
- Work with media team to plan and execute paid social strategies
- Client-facing role as day-to-day resource and contributor to social
- Help manage and develop a junior social strategist
- 3-5 years experience at a creative or media agency, or in-house with a brand team
- Advanced marketing knowledge of major & emerging social platforms, including their products, user behaviors, and tools & interfaces
- Knowledge of platforms’ paid media capabilities, including products, technical specs, and full-funnel use-cases.
- Deep understanding of consumer behaviors in social, and how it integrates with their daily lives, real world cultures & interests, and journeys through the marketing funnel
- Ability to inspire & excite creatives to generate big and innovative ideas for social, not just produce assets to meet best practices
- Experience working with data strategists, and how learnings are used to inspire and optimize our creativity, not just report on it
- Understanding that all of the above is in service of a business objective, and how your activities help achieve it
What Success Looks Like:
- 30 days: Demonstrate a full grasp of your account, client, and their business. You’re established as a hungry contributor, and a teammate that people want to work with
- 90 days: Build a positive relationship with clients, and your team, that is based on trust, attitude, and intent. Put valuable work on the table that meets your responsibilities, and helps to drive the account and client business forward.
- 1 year: Have been a key driver for at least one award-worthy campaign, strategy, or execution. Are known throughout The Many as a thinker, doer and human--someone that anyone would love to have on their own team.
The Last Word:
We are looking for individuals who love advertising, marketing, social media and want to be at The Many. You will be joining a growing team who is thinking and doing new things in new ways. You will have a say in how we grow, will be exposed to senior leadership often, and will be supported and encouraged on your career path. Candidates should be comfortable with roles that are somewhat loosely defined, be able to shift focus quickly, have a desire to throw hats in the ring as new opportunities arise, and be made up of a work ethic that spans presenting in a client meeting to creating slides.
Finally, candidates should be aligned with five values:
- We believe in leadership beyond hierarchy.
- We are always up for the challenge.
- We are open and curious.
- We are passionate without ego.
- We give a damn.
Our salary range for this opportunity begins at $95K (or higher based on experience)
The Many Headquarters Location
Pacific Grove, CA
The Many Company Size
Between 100 - 200 employees
The Many Founded Year