Senior Social Manager - UnitedMastersView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Social Manager
- Job Location
- Brooklyn, NY
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Senior Social Manager
# Who We Are
UnitedMasters is building a marketplace that connects artists, brands and fans - empowering artists to earn and grow. UnitedMasters has taken the bold step of building a music distribution service that, radically, puts artists first - disrupting the legacy music business by letting up-and-coming artists distribute their music directly to fans through streaming services while maintaining ownership of their master recording rights and up to 100% of royalties. Through the combination of UnitedMasters’ music distribution platform and its deep ties to brands, UnitedMasters enables independent artists and change-makers to grow and earn unlike any other platform.
The UnitedMasters team is made up of musicians, marketers, engineers, and storytellers with backgrounds from YouTube, SoundCloud, Pandora, Facebook, Uber, Dropbox, Complex, VICE, and more. We work hand in hand with the award-winning creative teams that forge those innovative partnerships at Translation (our in-house creative advertising agency).
We are looking for a Senior Social Manager to join UnitedMasters!
# What You'll Do
UnitedMasters is looking for a uniquely talented, multi-faceted social media manager to join the brand marketing team. In this role, you will lead our Instagram account, managing the day to day and long term strategy for our account. The ideal candidate is equal parts master storyteller, strategist, and community builder, with experience leading partnership and community programs that have demonstrated growth for the brands they’ve built.
- Develop the strategy for our instagram and create our Instagram account content calendar for the next 12 months.
- Produce and generate editorial content aligned with our brand, building compelling franchises that reach all types of music fans.
- Work cross functionally with design, engineering, product, A&R and sales to align on key priorities.
- Share weekly updates and present work in a cross functional setting.
- Drive adoption and provide ongoing education of the UnitedMasters partnerships and product features that support artists in their music making journey.
- Establish a digital strategy for UnitedMasters branded events (i.e. SelectCon,Earn Your Masters) that enables us to scale viewership digitally while also driving intent with artists/producers for UnitedMasters products.
- Track and analyze community growth metrics to ensure creator engagement,
retention and satisfaction.
# Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 4+ years of experience in social media marketing, with experience brand & community-led growth strategies on Instagram.
- You have a demonstrated experience of building brands that play a meaningful role in culture – building preference and loyalty with customers.
- At least 4 years of social media management experience with content calendar experience
- Experience working in the music industry (artists, label, or technology platform)
- You are an inspiring storyteller - you’ve led campaigns & programs that bring breakthrough ideas to life, translating to massive business impact.
- You are the ultimate stakeholder manager, and have experience partnering across marketing, communications, customer support, product, etc.
- You are a proactive communicator who can efficiently run cross-departmental projects with multiple stakeholders and maintain project timelines and deliverables.
- You are a team player that is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to help out the team
UnitedMasters empowers brands and artists to forge authentic connections with audiences at scale by bringing together culture, technology and storytelling. UnitedMasters has taken the bold step of building a music distribution service that, radically, puts artists first - disrupting the legacy music business by letting up-and-coming artists distribute their music directly to fans through streaming services while maintaining ownership of their Masters and up to 100% of royalties. UnitedMasters has over 1.3 million artists on its platform and is growing rapidly. Brands like Diageo, Ally, and ESPN come to UnitedMasters to partner with these artists and play a role in moving culture forward. In the past year, UnitedMasters subscribers have grown rapidly. With $170M raised to date and valued at $550M, UnitedMasters is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Apple, Alphabet (aka Google), and Disney amongst others.
Salary Hiring Range: $90,000 - $130,000
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide (e.g. bonus, stock options, 401(k) match, etc.)
Individual pay rate decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors.
The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
The salary range above is for NY/CA. As a company, we have a location based strategy, which means the salary range could be lower or higher than this if the role is hired in another location.
UnitedMasters Headquarters Location
New York, NY
UnitedMasters Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
UnitedMasters Founded Year
UnitedMasters Total Amount Raised
UnitedMasters Funding RoundsView funding details