Senior Security Automation Engineer, Compliance - OktaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Security Automation Engineer, Compliance
- Job Location
- Job Description
The Okta’s Auth0 Product Unit Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) team work’s directly with our Engineering partners across Product, infrastructure, and Information Security. We also partner closely with other functions in Legal and Finance. GRC is part of the broader team driving strategic execution within Engineering.
- Design and implement technical controls in a cloud-based environment to meet compliance needs across several frameworks (NIST-800, FedRAMP, SOX, SOC-2, PCI, HIPAA, etc).
- Optimize the environment by rethinking legacy controls, aligning redundant controls, designing for automation, and focusing on the engineers impacted by designed processes.
- Build and execute compliance control automation (enforcement, monitoring, evidence collection) using existing GRC tooling and development of custom software systems
- Define program objectives, identify key metrics, and drive stakeholder reporting.
- Scale compliance while supporting engineers and our broader business partners on compliance-related issues and implementing the resources necessary to provide self-service solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in managing compliance in a complex cloud-based environment
- Experience identifying commonalities in controls across multiple frameworks to drive efficiency.
- Experience writing software in Python, Go, or Node.
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP) and container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience and ability to explain key solutions and architectures for confidentiality, integrity, and availability across multiple cybersecurity and compliance topics including areas such as endpoint detection and response, anti-malware, persistent threats, email security, user behavior, and analytics, threat intelligence, threat hunting, and forensics, information protection, application management, security management and/or auditing and governance.
- Experience understanding how to articulate security controls and maintain compliance in cloud-native environments.
- Familiarity with cloud-based identity and access management solutions as well as hybrid architectures and integration of cloud-based apps (SaaS)
- Stellar written and verbal communication and relationship-building skills
- A strong sense of ownership, self-motivation, and enjoyment of a startup environment
- Problem-solving skills, determination, and a growth mindset
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Okta Company Size
Between 5,000 - 20,000 employees
Okta Founded Year
Okta Total Amount Raised
Okta Funding RoundsView funding details
Post Ipo Equity