Senior Scientist, Protein Purification - Nobell FoodsView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Scientist, Protein Purification
- Job Location
- South San Francisco
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Nobell Foods is creating cheese and other dairy products from plant-derived dairy proteins for the 99% of people who are unwilling to compromise on taste and price. Nobell is made up of a team of passionate scientists, explorers, and storytellers on a mission to radically change the way we make food, so it’s better for you, the animals, and the planet. We are backed by Bill Gates’ client fund Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, and Robert Downey Jr. If you believe in our mission and are excited about our work, we would love to hear from you!
Your Role :
We are seeking an experienced and creative protein scientist at the senior scientist level to join our Protein Characterization and Benchtop Protein Purification team.
You will utilize your expertise in protein purification and knowledge of protein characterization to advance our projects as well as develop innovative protein separation technologies. You will be responsible for making and executing plans, analyzing data, and brainstorming analytical techniques. You will work in close partnership with a process development team for scale up.
A successful candidate is an enthusiastic problem-solver with a collaborative mindset with experience in diverse protein science techniques and excellent communication skill sets.
- Design and perform benchtop protein purification, biochemical and biophysical protein characterization.
- Transfer established methods to the process development team and provide technical support to the team.
- Develop and troubleshoot analytical methods using biochemical techniques, such as immunoblotting, HPLC, mass spectrometry and others.
- Collaborate with other functional teams and provide technical support as a subject matter expert.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks and documentation and report data clearly and concisely.
- Develop protocols/SOPs and implement quality control measures.
- Manage junior team members to complete research projects in a timely manner.
Required Skills and Experience:
- PhD in Biochemistry, Protein Engineer or related field required with 5+ years of relevant Biotech industry experience.
- Strong scientific background and extensive hands-on experience in protein purification with column chromatography using ÄKTA, TFF and all kinds of separation techniques.
- Highly experienced with protein characterization methods and familiar with protein quantification, immunodetection (Western blot and ELISA), HPLC and mass spectrometry.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art technologies, platforms, and scientific methodologies as applied to protein characterization.
- Has management experience with 1-2 junior members.
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment and to contribute in advancing projects.
- Has excellent communication skills in both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to both learn from and teach others.
- Able to adapt to changing needs
- Systematic, organized and data-driven
- Knowledge of plant biology and experience working with extracting and characterizing proteins from plant tissue is a plus.
- This position will be 70% hands on at the bench
The pay range is currently between $119,000 to $168,00 in annual gross compensation. Within the range, individual pay is determined by many factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Nobell Foods offers competitive compensation, generous healthcare, dental and vision plans, 401(k) and commuter benefits.
Nobell Foods Headquarters Location
South San Francisco, CA
Nobell Foods Company Size
Between 50 - 100 employees
Nobell Foods Founded Year
Nobell Foods Total Amount Raised
Nobell Foods Funding RoundsView funding details