Senior Scientist I/II- Analytical Development, LNP and Oligonucleotide - AlltrnaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Scientist I/II- Analytical Development, LNP and Oligonucleotide
- Job Location
- Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Alltrna is the world’s first tRNA platform company to decipher tRNA biology and pioneer tRNA therapeutics to treat thousands of diseases. Alltrna unlocks tRNA biology to correct disease. The company's platform incorporates AI/ML tools to learn the tRNA language and deliver diverse programmable molecules with broad therapeutic potential. Alltrna has an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to unify treatment across a wide range of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation. Alltrna was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering. For more info, visit www.alltrna.com.
About the Role
We are looking for a flexible analytical scientist within our growing tRNA CMC Group. The candidate will work internally with discovery and development scientists on the development of fit-for purpose characterization methods for the analysis and QC of preclinical tRNA materials with a special focus on lipid nanoparticle (LNP) formulations. In addition, you will work with external development partners on more extensive analytical methods for the characterization of materials for clinical manufacturing. The role will also be responsible for the support of the internal analytical lab instrument infrastructure and capabilities.
· Characterization of LNP formulations (Size/ PDI, charge, tRNA quantitation assays, osmolality, etc.) including the design and execution of stability protocols.
· Characterization of tRNA oligonucleotides in conjunction with their LNP formulation, degradation products, and accompanying synthesis/formulation impurities by a variety of analytical techniques (i.e., UHPLC, LC-MS, Q-TOF, IEX, SEC, CGE, CD, Karl Fisher, and elemental analysis) utilizing Agilent chromatography instruments and associated software.
· Development, qualification and validation of purity determination, stability indicating, and physical measurement methods of analysis.
· Support the transfer of technology to external CROs and establish QC practices to enable eventual cGMP manufacturing that include amidite characterization, impurity identification and quantification, and process sample analysis for troubleshooting and development.
· Source, explore, and implement latest separation science and technologies for the purification of oligonucleotides and their conjugates (carbohydrate, lipid, peptide, protein)
· Identify and exploit new scientific concepts.
Qualifications and Skills
· PhD with 5+ years of direct experience (MS with 11+ yrs) in analytical development for lipid nanoparticle formulations and strong preference for history with oligonucleotide/RNA therapeutics (Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, or a related discipline)
· Hands-on experience with reversed phase and size exclusion chromatography method development with dynamic light scattering, evaporative light scattering or charged aerosol detection for the characterization of lipid nanoparticle formulations.
· Ability to learn and apply technical knowledge to meet changing project needs and balance multiple activities, prioritize and handle ambiguity.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with emphasis on documentation of experimental work and effective presentations.
· Knowledge of statistical software and applications for design of experiments and process modeling is a plus.
What We’ll Offer You
· Comprehensive, competitive healthcare and dental coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, vision coverage through VSP, family leave, paid time off, 401k retirement plan, disability and life insurance, and fully covered parking/commuter benefits.
· A dynamic early-stage work environment and highly interdisciplinary, talented, and collaborative team.
· Participation in an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to restore disrupted protein production, regardless of target, for thousands of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation.
· Professional growth opportunities through mentoring, training, immersion in cross-functional projects, and opportunities to learn and try new things.
Our Core Values
1. PATIENTS DESERVE BETTER. We are transforming medicine, boldly building a new future for patients.
2. CURIOSITY SPARKS DISCOVERY. We ardently explore the unknown, catalyzing new scientific breakthroughs.
3. COURAGE PROPELS US FORWARD. We take thoughtful risks without fear of failure, growing with each experience.
4. OUR PURPOSE FUELS US. We each lead and work with focus and passion to design groundbreaking tRNA medicines.
5. WE ARE ONE TEAM. We are united on trust and collaboration, embracing all voices and experiences.
WE GIVE IT OUR ALL, EVERYDAY, FOR PATIENTS EVERYWHERE. WE ARE ALLTRNA.Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
At Flagship, we recognize there is no perfect candidate. If you have some of the experience listed above but not all, please apply anyway. Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We are dedicated to building diverse and inclusive teams and look forward to learning more about your unique background.Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.
Alltrna Headquarters Location
Alltrna Company Size
Between 20 - 100 employees
Alltrna Founded Year
Alltrna Total Amount Raised
Alltrna Funding RoundsView funding details