Senior Sales Manager - CocoonView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Sales Manager
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA or Remote
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
🚀 Build the future of employee leave
We're tackling the complex world of employee leave. Today, it's fascinating and baffling how complicated the process is: going on leave (be it parental, medical, bereavement, or for any other reason) means talking to reps and wading through a mountain of government and insurance claims just to get your time off and income in moments when you're the most stressed and busy. We talked to hundreds of employees and employers who had nightmare stories to tell, and wondered to ourselves why nobody had solved this yet.
Our mission is to take the work out of leave — removing all of the friction that exists today for both employees and employers — and be the #1 advocate for folks going through the process. It's a really exciting space, and we're moving incredibly fast on both product and user momentum.
Excited about taking the most frustrating insurance, banking, and finance processes out there and making them surprisingly delightful? We'd love to work with you.
💪🏽 What will you do?
We're a small and ambitious team excited to strengthen our leadership and propel our market expansion strategy forward.
As our Sales Manager, you'll shape the future of the sales team through strategic leadership and industry-aligned sales acumen. You'll define team objectives, drive daily, weekly, and quarterly targets, oversee sales planning and forecasts, provide hands-on training, and monitor key performance indicators. Your role extends to participating in the hiring process, budget planning, and adept performance management, ensuring the team's ongoing success.
And, most importantly, you'll be building this company with us. There's a lot to figure out. We want to work with folks who care deeply about the process of building the right company: from bringing to life our values to influencing decisions about how we should scale, and everything in between. You will work in close collaboration with sales and the executive team at Cocoon. This role will report to the Chief Revenue Officer.
⚡️ You'd be a great fit if you…
- Have proven success in hiring, training, and coaching AEs and SDRs
- Understand mid-market sales dynamics and deal cycles; experience with deals $20-100k ACV and building outbound sales motions
- Have B2B SaaS sales experience at early stage startups. Experience in health, wellness, HR, or people-focused sectors, selling into finance teams is a plus.
- Have exceptional communication skills
- Are coachable and collaborative, a true team player
- Are highly organized and able to prioritize shifting workloads and responsibilities effectively
- Are highly flexible and adaptive
- Are familiar with the ‘Winning by Design’ Revenue methodology (or another B2B SaaS methodology), and able to both operationalize the methodology with your team, and report on it
- Have experience from the People software industry and/or Leave Management
🎁 Some benefits you can expect as a part of the Cocoon team:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
- Professional development budget and commuter benefits
- Office setup and wellness stipends
- 14 weeks of paid parental leave
- 4 weeks of each paid medical and caregiver leave
- 4 weeks of flexible, paid compassionate leave
- Flexible work schedule
- Daily in-office lunches
The compensation range for this role is $250,000 - $300,000 OTE to be determined through our interview process.
At Cocoon, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) serve as the foundation for a successful team, product, and community. We’re committed to building a company where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and be set up for success. Creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce requires ongoing effort and attention. We are committed to cultivating space for feedback and expanding our understanding of DEIB as our community grows.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Cocoon Headquarters Location
Cocoon Company Size
Between 50 - 100 employees
Cocoon Founded Year