Senior Research Scientist- PQC - SandboxAQView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Research Scientist- PQC
- Job Location
- Remote, USA; Remote, Europe; Remote, Canada
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Ready to join the AQ era?
SandboxAQ is solving challenging problems with AI + Quantum for positive impact. We partner with global leaders in government, academia, and the private sector to identify applications that would benefit from quantum-based applications to current and future commercial challenges. We engage with customers early and throughout the development process to improve market fit.
Our team’s unique approach enables cross-pollination across a diverse range of fields, from physics, computer science, neuroscience, mathematics, cryptography, natural sciences and more! Our success comes from coalescing diverse talent to create an environment where experimental thinking and collaboration yield breakthrough AI + Quantum solutions. Join a culture where thought leadership, diverse talent, employee engagement, and technological impact will create the next tech uproar.
We are deeply committed to education as a means to advance quantum solutions and computing initiatives. We invest in future talent through internship programs, research papers, developer tools, textbooks, educational talks/events and partnerships with universities/talent hubs to attract multi-disciplinary talent. Our hope is to inspire people from all walks of life to be prepared for the quantum era and encourage a path in STEM.
About The Role:
The SandboxAQ team is looking for a Research Scientist to help functionalize the next generation of cryptographic systems. A successful candidate will be comfortable with research in post-quantum cryptography. We are open to strong candidates that reinforce existing expertise of the team as well as candidates extending our expertise. They will be part of a team of diverse cryptographers and engineers, where they will play a key role in efficient and effective enablement of the technologies being developed. They can learn more about what we’ve been doing so far by checking out our publications page or the individual DBPL pages of our permanent researchers.
PQC Team Members' information:
- Carlos Aguilar Melchor https://dblp.uni-trier.de/pid/71/4606.html
- Martin Albrecht https://dblp.uni-trier.de/pid/92/7397.html
- Nina Bindel https://dblp.uni-trier.de/pid/167/3021.html
- James Howe https://dblp.uni-trier.de/pid/163/8680.html
- Andreas Hülsing https://dblp.org/pid/27/1744.html
- Anand Kumar Narayanan https://dblp.org/pid/50/2767.html
- Research and design of new post-quantum cryptography primitives and protocols
- Engage in team collaborations to meet ambitious product and engineering goals
- Present research discoveries and developments including updates and results clearly and efficiently both internally and externally, verbally and in writing
- PhD in Mathematics or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Strong background in post-quantum cryptography with a proven publication record at flagship conferences
- Deep understanding of cryptographic primitives and protocols
- Capacity to work both as an individual contributor and on collaborative projects with strong teamwork skills
- Experience in C, C++, Rust or Go, or equivalent skills to implement and validate innovative cryptographic constructions and/or protocols
- Experience with the real-world aspects of cryptography
- Experience contributing to open source projects and standardization bodies
- Curiosity in a variety of domains of cryptography, security, privacy, or engineering
SandboxAQ welcomes all.We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where we have zero tolerance for discrimination. We invest in our employees' personal and professional growth. Once you work with us, you can’t go back to normalcy because great breakthroughs come from great teams and we are the best in quantum technology.We offer competitive salaries, stock options depending on employment type, generous learning opportunities, medical/dental/vision, family planning/fertility, PTO (summer and winter breaks), financial wellness resources, 401(k) plans, and more.Equal Employment Opportunity: All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.Accommodations: we provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in job application procedures for open roles. If you need such an accommodation, please let a member of our Recruiting team know.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
SandboxAQ Headquarters Location
SandboxAQ Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
SandboxAQ Founded Year
SandboxAQ Total Amount Raised
SandboxAQ Funding RoundsView funding details