Senior Program Manager (Sport IO) - Esports - Riot GamesView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Program Manager (Sport IO) - Esports
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, USA
- Job Description
The last 12 months have been amazing for Esports at Riot. We held our most-watched League of Legends World Championship, and we ran our first global tournaments for VALORANT, Wild Rift, TFT, and Legends of Runeterra. On the back of that success, and in our ever-growing commitment to our mission to be the most player-focused company in the world, we are doubling down on our investment in Esports. We are doing this through our high-priority focus on Unleashing Fandom, Reinventing the Watch Experience, and through investing in industry-leading innovations like Project Stryker.
The Sport IO team's mission is to elevate esports competition and operations at all levels of our sports. We do this by focusing on innovating in spaces like broadcast storytelling, sports training and performance tools, finding and supporting future stars, and delivering tools and services for Esports players, teams, and tournaments.
As the Senior Program Manager, you will guide and direct the team of operators who provide daily support to all our tournaments and live digital products. You will ensure the tournament information is always up-to-date and our digital products meet their service level standards.
You will report to the Principal Producer Lead in the Esports Sport Innovation and Optimization organization.
- Collaborate with external vendors building tools and managing operations for our global esports tournaments.
- Ensure fans and partners have up-to-date information from us on all appropriate platforms
- Ensure our event teams have access to our technology and services to facilitate their event production
- Stay informed of new tournament formats and evolving event plans, and ensure our planning and information repositories are correct
- Coordinate public launches and announcements with publishing teams and downstream data and service partners
- Ensure our documentation is up-to-date and refine operations processes to create efficiency and scale economies
- Be the champion and advocate with Product and Engineering for our operations teams' needs
- 2+ years experience leading operations or customer support for large-scale products and features, business-critical efforts, or cross-team projects and operations with a live service component
- 2+ years of team leadership experience growing and mentoring more junior individuals and building healthy, diverse, and inclusive teams
- Experience fluidly adapting methodologies in situations of high product or team complexity, or long duration
- Experience working in med-large size organizations where collaboration across organizational boundaries is important to success
- Experience wrangling external development teams
- Leadership experience in game development, esports, or software technology industries
- Experience leading and pivoting multiple teams/processes/efforts through a significant change in direction or operations
- Experience building an organization plan
- Experience managing product and operations runbooks
- Curiosity or passion for esports and Riot's games
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) This job has a base salary range of $123,000 USD - $173,000 USD + incentive compensation (annual [and long-term]) + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Riot Games Headquarters Location
Los Angeles, CA
Riot Games Company Size
Between 2,000 - 10,000 employees
Riot Games Founded Year
Riot Games Total Amount Raised
Riot Games Funding RoundsView funding details