Senior Product Manager, Open Source group - SnykView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Product Manager, Open Source group
- Job Location
- Cluj, Romania, Remote in locations listed
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
All roles listed as ‘remote’ are available as remote within the same country.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to help drive the direction of Snyk Open Source and the way developer-first security products, features and integrations are built for our customers, partners and developers.
In this role, you’ll help define and execute on the product strategy for Snyk Open Source including working on the product strategy, KPIs and roadmap for Snyk Open Source. You’ll focus specifically on the developer experience and ensuring it’s aligned with the mental model of our user personas.
You’ll spend your time
- Collaboratively crafting and communicating a roadmap for the aspects of Open Source you own
- Researching and understanding market trends, assessing market opportunities, addressable markets and building business cases
- Conducting ongoing customer and prospective customer conversations to acquire a deep understand of their needs and pain points to identify new opportunities for Snyk
- Defining a product strategy for your area of ownership based on overall Snyk Strategy, and translating this into a roadmap that exceeds market expectations
- Executing on the roadmap, including writing feature requirements, working with engineering, marketing and other stakeholders , to ensure successful end to end delivery and launch of capabilities
- Working with your engineering counterpart and to understand technical details and make business decisions on prioritization and positioning
- Partnering with the User Research and User experience teams to ensure the use of best practices to develop and evolve the Snyk Open Source Product
- Working in a fast-paced, empowered, distributed environment that respects the team, our customers, and our partners.
- Making good product decisions in an incomplete business context of cost, value, risk, and opportunity.
- Working collaboratively, communicate proactively, take a team-first mind-set, and skillfully give and receive difficult feedback when necessary
You should apply if you
- Have a proven track record with delivering SaaS products to market from business case thru to GTM and successful customer adoption
- Are customer obsessed! Have in-depth understanding of how successful developer/user experience are defined
- Have a keen ability to synthesize a mass of data including market research, user feedback and asks, industry standards and general trends and then translating this into experience strategy and roadmap
- Are comfortable influencing and leading with a wide range of different internal stakeholders, from internal engineers to executives
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and enjoy helping others to learn new things
- Are comfortable in a distributed work environment to collaborate across time zones and cultures, and working with technical oriented teams
We’d be lucky if you
- Are passionate about Snyk and the problem we’re solving
- Have experience in the developer-tooling or cyber security space
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances
Snyk Headquarters Location
Snyk Company Size
Between 1,000 - 2,000 employees
Snyk Founded Year
Snyk Total Amount Raised
Snyk Funding RoundsView funding details