Senior Product Designer - PerpayView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Product Designer
- Job Location
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
We believe everyone should have access to a better financial future. Our team builds simple, transparent and inclusive products that transform borrowing behavior and improve financial outcomes. With our easy to use, all-in-one platform, we empower our 7 million members to achieve their goals, one paycheck at a time. Backed by First Round Capital and JP Morgan.
Our office inspires our talented team members to build life-changing products for our customers and have fun while doing it. We created a home away from home by designing a kitchen, living room, bar, and office space all-in-one.
Perpay is located in Center City, Philadelphia in a new, open floor plan, river-front office. A coffee bar sits at the heart of the office with espresso, drip coffee, cold brew and tea options. The rest of the office has comfortable, open seating including: sitting desks, standing desks, couches, lounge chairs, and kitchen booths & tables. We provide catered lunches and weekly groceries so team members can make breakfast or lunch, or just snack -we don’t judge. Join us as we transform the credit landscape!
How far we have come and where we are going:
- 2017: Launched Perpay’s buy now, pay later marketplace of 1,000+ top brands
- 2020: Launched Perpay+, allowing members to build credit by shopping with an average credit score increase of 35+ points
- 2022: Building our next product, establishing Perpay as a household name for consumer finance
About the Role:
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be responsible for crafting and building exceptional visual design systems, patterns, and languages across the Perpay ecosystem. You will work with designers and product managers to develop pixel-perfect mockups from research-backed wireframes. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the user experience from both a visual and functional standpoint. This exciting opportunity provides a front row seat to the impact of your creative genius. Please note: This is not a remote opportunity.
Our greatest strength is our people and we’d love for you to be one of them!
- Inform our Brand and Vision: Develop a variety of visual styles to support Perpay’s brand and product strategies
- Develop Creative and Beautiful Mobile-first Mockups: Own the entire process from creating initial wireframes, to fully designed creative solutions that enhance our visual experience via beautifully polished mockups that are easy to understand and reflect our brand
- Own Accessibility Standards: Be responsible for ensuring we meet AA WCAG accessibility standards across all digital products
- Oversee Visual Development: Develop visual design guidelines for products and meet with engineering teams on a frequent basis to ensure design consistency before release and guide them on proper implementation of the visual design
- Drive Design Consistency: Partner with the rest of the design and engineering team to refine our design system, ensuring visual cohesion and engineering efficiency across all Perpay products
- Create Accessory Communications: Design new icons, animations, print outs, or any other materials necessary to enhance the customer experience
- Deliver Continuous Improvement: You will identify and action opportunities for both visual design and user experience improvement identified through quantitative measurement and feedback from end users
- Mentor for Success: Guide junior designers towards developing consistent, high quality of work
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Human Computer Interaction or similar field
- 3+ years of experience in UI or product design
- Excellent eye for typography, layout, and color with an eye for details
- Strong understanding of fundamentals of design principles including: layout, typography, color theory & visual weight
- Knowledge and application of WCAG accessibility guidelines
- Expertise in translating wireframes into modular, consistent, high fidelity mockups with high attention to detail
- Preferred experience: developing and improving upon a design system, developing imaginative illustrations, behavior patterns, component-based design, & UI animations
Hey, we know not everybody checks all the boxes, so if you’re interested, please apply because you could be just what we’re looking for!
What We’ll Bring:
- Competitive salary + company equity
- 401k with company match
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- Pre-tax Public Transportation benefit
- Relocation assistance
- Student loan company match
- Gym subsidy with City Fitness
- Cell phone plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO
- Optional remote work days
- Opportunity to gain experience in:
- one of the fastest-growing financial startups in the country
- both e-commerce & fintech
- working cross functionally
This is not a remote opportunity (#LI-Onsite)
Perpay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, political affiliation, age, veteran status, disability status or other non-merit factor. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
Perpay Headquarters Location
Perpay Company Size
Between 20 - 100 employees
Perpay Founded Year
Perpay Total Amount Raised
Perpay Funding RoundsView funding details