Senior Product Designer - HiyaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Product Designer
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
At Hiya we are on a mission to secure the voice call with trust, identity, and intelligence. We’re protecting everyday people from spam and fraud calls, connecting businesses with their customers, and helping mobile carriers secure their networks for all. In early 2016, brought its Hiya Protect product to market through Samsung Smart Call, AT&T Call Protect (now Active Armor) the first-ever network-based spam solution, and the Hiya consumer app for iOS & Android. Three years later in 2019, we brought Hiya Connect to market, a B2B branded call SaaS solution that enables companies to connect to the consumers they are trying to reach. The combination of Protect, Connect, and the Hiya app has resulted in the world’s largest Voice Security Platform with over 450M users.
About the Position
The Sr. Product Designer role is an individual contributor position focused primarily on designing for Hiya’s industry-leading B2B SaaS product. You will play a critical role in expanding an already-successful product by addressing user needs, supporting customer Jobs To Be Done, and creating new product experiences that lead to success for our customers and our business. You will work alongside designers, product managers, researchers, engineers, and others to bring new ideas to life and share in successes and learnings.
We’re excited about you because you’re the kind of person that cares deeply about your work and the success of your team. You strive to constantly improve your craft, be a good teammate, and support others. You truly care about solving problems for users and can balance those needs with available resources and the needs of the business. You have strong opinions loosely held and are happy to engage in constructive debates that build alignment and unblock work.
Your day-to-day at Hiya:
- Collaborate with PMs, research, and other stakeholders to identify user pain points and develop design solutions to address them.
- Articulate and communicate concepts and solutions through storytelling, visualizations, prototyping, and design documentation.
- Work end-to-end: starting with discovery and ideation, iterating efficiently through lower-fidelity design mockups, and delivering detailed and polished UI designs, user paths, and prototypes.
- Present design solutions to PMs, engineers, and stakeholders, thoughtfully incorporating their feedback into successive design iterations.
- Collaborate with your Product team, Design and Research, and leadership to define the direction of one or more Hiya products, advocating for user needs and creating cohesive product experiences that make users and the business successful.
Qualities that will help you succeed:
- Substantial product/UX design experience working as part of an in-house product team.
- A portfolio of work that clearly communicates your design process and the positive impact your design work has had.
- You enjoy collaborating across teams to solve problems and sharing successes with your teammates.
- You’re able to manage work across multiple projects and navigate competing priorities and timelines. You can communicate clearly about your work capacity and set realistic design deadlines for your teams. (Just say NO to burnout!)
- The ability to take “fuzzy” understandings of user needs or complex Jobs To Be Done and create focused design solutions that help move a project forward.
- You can balance long-term design goals with an Agile-based iterative approach.
- A willingness to stretch outside your defined role, adapt, and take on new skills and tools that will help your team be successful.
The person in this role must embody Hiya’s key values of: Serving our customers, Doing rather than observing, Improving ourselves and our business, Owning and holding ourselves accountable for success, and Leading by showing up with a POV, engaging in discussion, listening respectfully to others opinions and committing to decisions.
You will have a fast start if:
- Figma is your design tool of choice and you’re familiar with its shared component libraries, prototyping tools, and FigJam boards.
- You have experience designing for B2B and SaaS products.
- You’re comfortable designing for desktop, mobile web, and mobile apps – independently and as cross-device experiences.
- You have experience working with and contributing to design systems.
- Bonus points if you have skill and experience with UX writing
The requirements listed in the job descriptions are guidelines. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable we would still love to hear from you.
The base salary for this role is between $97,500 to $165,000. When determining compensation, a number of factors will be considered: skills, experience, job scope, location, and competitive compensation market data.
- Start Date: Immediately
- Status: Full-time
- Type: Hybrid, in office 2x per week
- Location: Seattle, WA
- Department: Product, Design
- Reports to: Director of Product Design
- Equity compensation
- 401K program with 3% match through Fidelity Investments
- Self managed vacation plan
- 15 Paid holidays including Recharge Days
- 100% covered medical, dental, and vision for the employee and 50% coverage for dependents
- Flexible spending, health savings accounts and Pretax dependent day care savings plan
- Paid parental leave
- Voluntary Life and AD&D, and Accident insurance options
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long-term disability coverage (in qualifying states)
- Donation Matching for a charity of your choice (up to $1,000/ year)
- $1,000/year reimbursement in Professional Development funds
This position is based in Seattle, WA, USA.
We are building a team with a variety of perspectives, identities, and professional experiences. We evaluate great candidates through a business lens and we strongly believe that diversity and unique perspectives make our company stronger, more dynamic, and a great place to build a career.
Our team has won various awards over the last 4 years from Built-in Seattle and Seattle Business Week to #86 on Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and Forbes #1 Startup Employer. Here at Hiya, we are a people-centric company focused on helping each and every one of our employees grow both personally and professionally. We feel that creating a team culture of support and empowerment to challenge the status quo results in an energized and passionate team that is continuously challenged and passionate about the work they are doing. You'll love working here if you are looking for an innovative challenge that is disrupting an industry. Come join us!
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Hiya Headquarters Location
Hiya Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
Hiya Founded Year
Hiya Total Amount Raised
Hiya Funding RoundsView funding details